peacheyroses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've currently applied for imperials mechanical engineering course but i can still change as my UCAS application was sent out less than 2 weeks ago. I've been looking into their design engineering course and quite like the sound of it but there's not much online about it and I'm confused a bit on what the actual differences are.

i'm just worried as i've heard the words design engineering being used with product design and i'm more interested in the engineering kinda side rather than 'product design' if you know what i mean?
peacheyroses
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
bummp
Smack
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by peacheyroses)
I've currently applied for imperials mechanical engineering course but i can still change as my UCAS application was sent out less than 2 weeks ago. I've been looking into their design engineering course and quite like the sound of it but there's not much online about it and I'm confused a bit on what the actual differences are.

i'm just worried as i've heard the words design engineering being used with product design and i'm more interested in the engineering kinda side rather than 'product design' if you know what i mean?
You can be a design engineer with a mechanical engineering degree; "mechanical design engineer" is probably one of the more popular job titles for mechanical engineering graduates to hold (or they may have a different title but in effect have a design job). But if you'd prefer the design engineering course then do that. Is there any flexibility to move courses in, say, first year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (26)
16.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.81%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (45)
27.78%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (28)
17.28%

Watched Threads