Newuser2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to know which exam board is better for A level maths, chemistry and economics. By better I mean, easier and a lot more study materials out there. I've found online that Edexcel maths is much easier and better to do than AQA.

Is edexcel better than AQA for chemistry, economics and maths A levels?
Newuser2
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Also, might be a silly question.. if I go with edexcel for A level maths, do I also need to take edexcel for A level economics and chemistry?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Newuser2)
Also, might be a silly question.. if I go with edexcel for A level maths, do I also need to take edexcel for A level economics and chemistry?
No.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Newuser2)
I want to know which exam board is better for A level maths, chemistry and economics. By better I mean, easier and a lot more study materials out there. I've found online that Edexcel maths is much easier and better to do than AQA.

Is edexcel better than AQA for chemistry, economics and maths A levels?
Edexcel is by far the most commonly used examiner for A level maths. Paid for published and free online resources are widely available and as a private candidate you would benefit from more discussion of their exams, past papers and text book exercises on sites like tsr. Recent exam reforms mean that the content of A level maths has been standardised across examiners.

You don't have to take different subjects with the same examiner. An important issue if taking an A level science is how to complete the practical endorsement. There are not yet many centres willing/able to offer the practicals and the cost is high. Availability in your area at an affordable price might limit your choice of examiner. Whether you have to complete the practical endorsement may depend on what you intend to do next.
Last edited by gdunne42; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads