oxygen233
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys,

Recently I got an offer for MSc in Finance from Kings College London, and also an offer from UCL for MSc in Construction Economics and Management.

If I want to work in areas such as finance and investment in the future, which uni should I choose? KCL's finance programme seems more interesting and professional but UCL may have a better reputation and generally ranks higher in the world.

I really want to listen to your suggestions, thanks.
KoalaZZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to work in finance, then go for King's. I have done the PEM MSc (similar to CEM) and employability is great, but never really met anyone that started working in finance afterwards.
banksy456
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am going to study in CEM Msc, what is the career path after graduation?
Last edited by banksy456; 1 year ago
banksy456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Actually, I have same question as you have. I got finance offer from KCL and Manchester University and CEM from UCL. How did you choose finally?
Last edited by banksy456; 1 year ago
KoalaZZ
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by banksy456)
I am going to study in CEM Msc, what is the career path after graduation?
As long as you get in a graduate scheme, the career path is pretty much what you want it to be. Some people go directly into consulting while others take site based jobs. The latter option usually pays better during the first years.

This assuming you have a EU/UK passport. If not, your options won't be as many since there are not many companies that sponsor visas nowadays.
banksy456
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you clarify what kind of consulting the graduates would be empolyed? Real estate broker like JLL or CBRE? Or the graduates could go to management consulting companies?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads