The Student Room Group

I think my friend does too much revision, what do you think ?

My friend does 2-4 hours of revision every day. On weekdays he has to do 4 hours. This early into the year I think this is overkill. What do you think ?

Scroll to see replies

Is it any of your or our business?
Original post by LOliver111102
My friend does 2-4 hours of revision every day. On weekdays he has to do 4 hours. This early into the year I think this is overkill. What do you think ?

your friend is dead-serious about his work. It's not overkill it's him getting his priorities right, you should be happy for having him as a friend
2hours is good, as long as they are not stressed out dont worry and don't compare yourself to them, unless you want to get on your alevel game too :wink:
Honestly, it's good that your friend prioritise revision; it shows that he cares about his education.
I wouldn't say that's '"too much" revision. In fact that is actually realistic and maintainable.
Not enough. Everyone on TSR does a minimum of 24 hours a day.
Depends what he does in those hours.
Thread moved to Revision & Study Tips

Why does it matter to you?
I'm about to be like your friend. I need a grade 6 in maths so I can do biology for A-level, I'm currently a grade 2 in maths. I plan on studying at least 5 hours a week. You could ask why he's studying hard, maybe he wants to meet goals like mine.
Too much is when people try to pack more than they can handle into a day. As long as he's coping 2-4hrs a day isn't all that extreme.
Sounds good to me as long as it isn't having a negative effect on their mental health. E.g.Overloading themselves.

I also do that much revision since i'm in year 11. I don't think it's too much, he's just trying to do well academically. I think if you guys are younger than year 11 than that much revision is not needed but if you're in year 11 or higher than its normal to revise a lot to do well.
That's a good normal ammount no?
Reply 14
Wait, that is too much?
GCSEs or A level?
My partner's son has to do 2 hours a day minimum, plus homework, which he does without complaint. I wouldn't actually say any amount of revision is "overkill". If your friend wants to do well, and that that's what they think they need to do, then you should be supportive of that choice.
that's too much? oh okay then...

class work can be a burden to a student sometimes.however,the student can seek assistance from someone who can guide on how to do the homework and prepare for exams.I have the solution.
The answer will depend on whether said "friend" is in primary school, year 11, sixth form or at university.

Quick Reply

Latest