Asia Bibi refused asylum in the UK Watch

999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by generallee)
The link suggests, and it seems plausible, that the UK authorities are concerned about granting her asylum because of the potential of a violent reaction from elements of the Pakistani diaspora.

Maybe it is just me, and the author of the piece, but if true I find that both depressing and shameful that we dare not make a stand and do the right thing by her, and her family.
Need more evidence. You can read a lot of things into it.
I believe it would prove more expensive to provide security here, that it would in ANZ or Canada. Considering what she has been through and if she wanted to come here then she should have been offered a place upfront. I think if she applied they would find it impossible to refuse.

Expect it to be challenged in Parliament and further afield.
Justvisited
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Pakistan has been a disgrace in the way they have treated her and shown just what a backward country it is.
With the notable exception of the Supreme Court judges who bravely acquitted her and now need police protection themselves. We should always be quick to commend those who do the right thing under pressure as they have done....
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
With the notable exception of the Supreme Court judges who bravely acquitted her and now need police protection themselves. We should always be quick to commend those who do the right thing under pressure as they have done....
Agreed.
Even the government has had to collude with the opposition because it isnt strong enough.

The whole case was outrageous.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think these discount supermarkets are a great idea, especially for the poor.
username4316962
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The link suggests, and it seems plausible, that the UK authorities are concerned about granting her asylum because of the potential of a violent reaction from elements of the Pakistani diaspora.

Maybe it is just me, and the author of the piece, but if true I find that both depressing and shameful that we dare not make a stand and do the right thing by her, and her family.
Right wing poster, who has spent the last few years stoking up fear and complaining about immigrants and asylum seekers, complains about asylum seeker not being allowed into the UK.

I'll give you a moment to realize the irony...
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by BornBlue1)
Right wing poster, who has spent the last few years stoking up fear and complaining about immigrants and asylum seekers, complains about asylum seeker not being allowed into the UK.

They're not Muslim though. It's totally different!
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago

Those who react violently should be arrested. Or go live in Pakistan.....
Johnny English
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I think it's time to pull up the drawbridge and look after number 1.
Countries like Pakistan will never change . You can see clear evidence of this reluctance in every town and city in this country by the lack of effort to integrate and adopt modern laws and more liberal humanitarian principles . Time to call time on this .
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The Telegraph link was much more instructive.

The UK has not offered automatic Asylum. I cant see her being refused if she applied, but she would go through normal channels.

Its a shame the government did not offer it automatically as her case was absolutely deserving and we should have taken her imo.

I bet she goes somewhere like Canada or Australia as she has multiple offers.

Pakistan has been a disgrace in the way they have treated her and shown just what a backward country it is.
What do you mean the way they treated her was a disgrace? She was found not guilty
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
So she was beaten up, sentenced to death and Pakistanis are calling for her head...all because she drank water from a container used by a Christian.

I have no words left, really. Thor save us from the toxic and surreal religion of Islam...
is this true? god help us
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ummm, seeing as half the nation is baying for her blood, i think thats more than enough reason for asylum, while the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan (god help us) et al, are not doing anything about the possibility of the filthy people who left this country to fight for their disgusting Islamic State, coming back!
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MartinF98)
We take in hundreds of Muslims but not her even though she was being persecuted by Muslims for her faith

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...nrest-attacks/

Apparently there will be “unrest” and “attacks” , I wonder which community that unrest will be from...
Those Mormons and their violent intolerance, it must end
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by akbar0123)
What do you mean the way they treated her was a disgrace? She was found not guilty
That the blasphemy law exists.
That the evidence they had was weak and looked more like neighbours trying to settle a grudge.
That she was locked up for eight years on death row.
That the country isnt safe for her to live.
That the government has colluded with and caved in to hard line extremists still calling for her death.
MoSaqib
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰 🇵🇰 Pakistan Zindabad 🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰🇵🇰 🇵🇰
akbar0123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That the blasphemy law exists.
That the evidence they had was weak and looked more like neighbours trying to settle a grudge.
That she was locked up for eight years on death row.
That the country isnt safe for her to live.
That the government has colluded with and caved in to hard line extremists still calling for her death.
They’ve collided with hard line extremists supposedly and yet she’s still been found not guilty. You make no sense. Also, yes, the country isn’t safe for her to live apparently but every country has extremists and I doubt there are no extreme people in the U.K. or America. Every country has extreme people. Just look at the American synagogue shooting last week- white non muslim guy killed all those Jews because he was an extreme right wing guy
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Report 3 months ago
They’ve collided with hard line extremists supposedly and yet she’s still been found not guilty. You make no sense. Also, yes, the country isn’t safe for her to live apparently but every country has extremists and I doubt there are no extreme people in the U.K. or America. Every country has extreme people. Just look at the American synagogue shooting last week- white non muslim guy killed all those Jews because he was an extreme right wing guy
Its not my fault you dont understand legal systems or what might constitute a reasonable level of justice.

How would you like to be charged , tried and found guilty for the death sentence based on highly dubious evidence? That someone drank from the cup of a Christian? Worse than dark ages.

How would you like to be locked up for 9 years, be eventually found not guilty, but to get no compensation and be forced to flee the country in fear of your life of you and your family?

It isnt just extremist its a significant portion of the population that even the government is afraid of.

Your use of the synagogue example is poor. That was one man here there are significant numbers of people who want her dead and believe the state should execute her.They now believe the same of the judges. Barbaric and backwards. I'm not seeing mass protests demanding the execution of judges and jews on the streets or in the senate or house.

Its revealing that you cant see the injustice or reasons why she might be unhappy in her treatment and that you find her 9 years of life under death sentence acceptable. She will at least get to move to a decent country where she can practice her religion in peace or at least no be in fear for her life.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Ultimately it would be lovely for us to give her asylum. However, we should only do so if we can garuntee her safety. Or at least keep her in an undisclosed location.
Good bloke
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It seems to have eluded you that this is after eight years in gaol, condemned to death. And, despite being found innocent, she is, at the behest of the religious animals, not allowed to leave the country lest she escape the lynch mobs.

Do you defend that as proper treatment? Are you of the kind that defends Islamic slavery as being the equivalent of M & S slavery - all niceness and gooey?
Last edited by Good bloke; 3 months ago
generallee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by username4316962)

Tragic cases like this are what our asylum policy should exist for. Saving those at imminent risk of death due to religious persecution. It is the morally right thing to do and it would be manageable, except that we don’t seem able to protect the life of this poor woman should we take her in. Or our bureaucrats fear serious unrest at the least.

Meanwhile, the whole concept of seeking asylum has been fatally tarnished. It has been conflated with mass illegal immigration on economic grounds on a totally unassilimiable scale. It has become a Darwininian survival of the fittest, with the strong pushing the weak out of their way, sometimes even to their deaths. Utterly evil people traffickers make billions at a higher rate of profit than cocaine, and if women and small children drown in death trap boats, that is just a business cost. They have their money anyway.

The left encourages this evil, criminal trade, and accuses anyone who points this out of “stoking up fear.”

I’ll give you a moment to realise the irony...
generallee
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
She has been held, on death row, for the past eight years, for a crime she has now been found not guilty of.

Now mercifully released, mobs of religious fanatics threaten to tear her limb from limb, and if they found her, no doubt actually would. And the leader of the country, Imran Khan, in thrall to the Islamists, and too frightened to stand up to the baying mobs, is washing his hands of her.

What do YOU mean by the term disgrace?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.9%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.05%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.12%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.55%
No (252)
71.39%

Watched Threads