How to Studdabble - My Low on Sleep GYG Watch

MystG123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Welcome to my 2018-2019 GYG, a half-term already in. Never mind, let's learn how to

Studdabble!

(please note that author was low on sleep when thinking of the title and so please excuse the cringes)

My abbreviation for studying and dabbling.

My goal for this first year in sixth form (yes, I am in Year 12) is to study efficiently while taking part in as many activities as I can. Seeing that I won't have the time to do all the activities I want to do, my goal is just casually try them out for a weekend or two and see whether I would do them in the unforeseeable future.

The aim of this "dabbling" is to get out more and push myself into new circumstances while balancing with the workload of A levels. I'll update you guys on how that goes.

Without further to do:

GCSE Subjects and grades
Spoiler:
Show

Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
Maths: 9
French: 8
Geography: 9
English Language and Literature: 9
ICT: A*
Latin: 9
PE: 7

A level subjects that I am taking
Spoiler:
Show

Mathematics (Edexcel)
Further Maths (Edexcel)
Biology (Edexcel (B))
Chemistry (AQA)

Activities that I want to "dabble" in or doing so far:
Spoiler:
Show

British Sign Language -already doing lessons
Learn a new language such as Spanish
Improve in my French
Read a French book

Are any of you taking the same A Levels as I am? How are you finding them?
Thank you for reading and comment below please.
Last edited by MystG123; 9 months ago
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
*cringes at title*
Good luck tho!! :rave: Which exam boards are you on?
MystG123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Wednesday 14th November

Current mood: :confused:

Not expecting the expected
(Or currently known as my rant on how I was unprepared for A Levels)

Biology: What went wrong:
Disclamer: I know that this may be common but I wanted to give my own view on it.
Second disclaimer: I was warned by people how hard A Levels are but I guess you never really know until you experience it.
- I was so unprepared for the weekly suprise pop test we got.
- The content we learned in a week would be equivalent to what we learned in a half term at GCSE
- It was really difficult at first. My teacher eased me in at first with a simple topic but when we moved in, I found some concepts hard to understand.
- We would go so fast in lessons, there would be no time to actually understand what is going on.

Spoiler:
Show
A half term and a bit in, I have recovered from what I would say was a stressful half-term.
- Fortunately, I have caught up with my notes and I am now consolidating my notes every week.
- I have a plan to go over my notes the day of a Biology lesson, I will seem less unprepared for the suprise pop test.
- Using past papers, even this early, are useful with making notes, I would advise that to anyone.

There's my rant gone. How did you guys find your A Levels at first? How would you deal with my problems?
mez_merising
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
ah its good you've found time to catch up!
im stressing about gcses man - at this rate i wont even survive til a levels lmao
SilentSolitaire
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Yup, that definitely seems to be the thing about biology... it's really good that you've found ways to keep up though! How are the other subjects going?
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A-levels are definitely overwhelming at first but once you just go through stuff and get into the swing of things, it actually isn't as bad. :nah: (ofc, that's just my opinion :giggle:)
Hfsassy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MystG123)
GCSE Subjects and grades
Spoiler:
Show

Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
Maths: 9
French: 8
Geography: 9
English Language and Literature: 9
ICT: A*
Latin: 9
PE: 7

Hi, my options are similar to yours (French, Latin and C.S instead of ICT) and I was wondering how you revised for them (and the sciences lol. Basically everything). Also what exam boards did you do? If you did Eduqas latin, could you tell me if you did the religion (3B) and how you revised for that.
Thanks, and congrats on the fab grades!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (115)
24.78%
Pop (108)
23.28%
Jazz (20)
4.31%
Classical (23)
4.96%
Hip-Hop (87)
18.75%
Electronic (37)
7.97%
Indie (74)
15.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise