The Student Room Group

Clean shave for HSBC video interview?

Hi,

I have a HSBC online job simulator to do for my graduate scheme application which involves a video interview. I am a male with a beard, do I need to clean shave for it? I was hoping to just trim by beard a little bit!

Thanks!
They don't care to be honest. But if you are really worried, I'd get a shape up or just a trim a little
Definitely clean it up. Do not shave it.
Reply 3
Thanks! I really don't want to shave it off completely but don't want not shaving to affect my chances of passing. Do you know for sure that it doesn't matter to these investment banks or do you just think it probably won't? :smile:

Original post by Lucky987
They don't care to be honest. But if you are really worried, I'd get a shape up or just a trim a little
Original post by harry_5
Thanks! I really don't want to shave it off completely but don't want not shaving to affect my chances of passing. Do you know for sure that it doesn't matter to these investment banks or do you just think it probably won't? :smile:

Having an overall clean and professional attire/look is actually what matters. You don't need to shave it off completely. But obviously, if you have a beard like Osama bin laden :biggrin:, definitely trim a lot! I don't know how your beard currently looks like, but just trim a little to make it more presentable and neat
Reply 5
Thanks. Do you think having a beard won't impact my chances?
Original post by yoink
Definitely clean it up. Do not shave it.
Reply 6
Original post by harry_5

In my experience it doesn't matter. I had grad offers from multiple investments banks last year and did all of my interviewing (including a video one) with a large beard. This was for tech, where I guess things are a bit more lax culturally, but I certainly met people in the more "banky" side of things who had beards when I interned at one of them the year before that, where again, I also had a beard
You definitely don’t need to shave it all off. If it’s scruffy then just trim it a bit and get it shaped up.
Original post by harry_5
Thanks. Do you think having a beard won't impact my chances?

I was always told to have my face clean shaven but that's probably because I usually don't grow it past a stubble. I would recommend just trimming it down a little and making it neat. I don't know how use to the beard you are, some people have confidence issues when they shave their whole beard off and you definitely don't want that.

Quick Reply

Latest