The Student Room Group

MSc thesis

I received 45 on my msc thesis. This is fail. But there is also clear fail below this. First of all, what is the difference between fail and clear fail. Secondly, what do I do now!!! I am an international student and have invested a lot in my post-graduation. I want to receive this degree. Just pass at least. I have passed in all other subjects. 120/120 credits.
It's just this thesis for 60 credits.
What should I do now. I feel like dying.
Somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Haylley123
I received 45 on my msc thesis. This is fail. But there is also clear fail below this. First of all, what is the difference between fail and clear fail. Secondly, what do I do now!!! I am an international student and have invested a lot in my post-graduation. I want to receive this degree. Just pass at least. I have passed in all other subjects. 120/120 credits.
It's just this thesis for 60 credits.
What should I do now. I feel like dying.
Somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!

It depends on your uni. 50% is required for a pass, though at some unis there may be an upper band in which you may be allowed to progress if you failed. Clear fail would be below 40% in most cases.

I think that for your thesis, this upper category wouldn't matter as a lot of unis want you to at least pass your dissertation/thesis in order to graduate. Otherwise you may have to retake your thesis.

I would check with your course leader to see what your options are at this moment.
do you have any attempt left??

Quick Reply

Latest