The Student Room Group

headaches

so during high school id have a headache AT LEAST every monday for defo. now during college its kinda decreased but I still get them every now and then. what I used to do was have a painkiller and have a nap so id wake up without a headache but that doesn't work all the time, and sometimes im not able to take a nap, or sometimes I just take a painkiller which doesn't always relieve the pain. Its kinda hard when ive got so much work to do and have such horrible pain, any suggestions? like today i took 1 painkiller which didn't help so I took another one. now im tempted to have another one. doctors don't do anything and ive been opticians who said my eyes are perfectly healthy..
Reply 1
If you aren't happy with your GP's advice go see another doctor at the practice.
No one can diagnose/treat you via TSR
Original post by Anonymous
so during high school id have a headache AT LEAST every monday for defo. now during college its kinda decreased but I still get them every now and then. what I used to do was have a painkiller and have a nap so id wake up without a headache but that doesn't work all the time, and sometimes im not able to take a nap, or sometimes I just take a painkiller which doesn't always relieve the pain. Its kinda hard when ive got so much work to do and have such horrible pain, any suggestions? like today i took 1 painkiller which didn't help so I took another one. now im tempted to have another one. doctors don't do anything and ive been opticians who said my eyes are perfectly healthy..

Hm. Perhaps you could see a different doctor? I suffer from a similar issue and my GP ended up prescribing me something called pizotifen, which you take once a day to stop migraines, or at least make them less often.
Reply 3
What painkiller are you taking? If it's cocodamol or paracetmol at college age you should be taking them 2 at a time not 1. If it's just a regular headache what's causing it? Lack of sleep ( you say you used to get them on a monday morning?) Stress ? Try stress relieving breathing exercises like meditation or use a brown paper bag to breathe into.

Dehydration perhaps drink more water? If it all possible carry 2 *500ml bottles of water with you and take at least 2 gulps every 30minutes. Or hunger? perhaps you aren't eating enough healthy snacks throughout the day ?
Reply 4
Every Monday? What are you getting up to at weekends?
Reply 5
Try to find the trigger for the headaches. It may be stress related, lack of sleep, light sensitivity, some eyesight issues (opticians often don't check up-close vision for teens and young adults), too much screen time, lack of food, dehydration...etc....

When you find when do you have them the most you can then resolve the issue.

Quick Reply

Latest