redahaha
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i am really worried about my french gcse speaking general conversation. i've been told i need to sound more confident and think less during the exam but i don't know how i can practice being more confident or thinking less because otherwise i feel my speaking will be full of mistakes. does anyone have any ways of preparing for this part of the exam? thanks
banders18
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Whilst I did Spanish, advice on languages is always going to be similar.

For Spanish, I found the most important thing to do for the speaking was practise speaking as much as possible! Get some friends and ask each other general conversation questions - I’m sure if you ask your teacher they will be able to provide some, and if not there are resources online, such as specimen papers. A lot of the speaking is about confidence, so practising as much as you can will make you feel much more at ease. This will mean you aren’t feeling as anxious and you will therefore show off your confidence during the exam!

Good luck!
redahaha
Rep:
?
(Original post by banders18)
Whilst I did Spanish, advice on languages is always going to be similar.

For Spanish, I found the most important thing to do for the speaking was practise speaking as much as possible! Get some friends and ask each other general conversation questions - I’m sure if you ask your teacher they will be able to provide some, and if not there are resources online, such as specimen papers. A lot of the speaking is about confidence, so practising as much as you can will make you feel much more at ease. This will mean you aren’t feeling as anxious and you will therefore show off your confidence during the exam!

Good luck!
Thank you, i will try to practice more. i find the main problem being not knowing how to give them what they want rather than just answering the question. Hopefully this will work! x
ells_4321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I took French GCSE last year and acutally ended up getting a level 9. Vocab is essential, thee more you know, the easier answers will be. I would say practice with whoever you can. Also, some teachers give a list of general questions (if not you could probably find some online or make them up yourself) for each topic, you could try making short answers for those and learning them, so if you were totally stuck, at least you will have something. Finally, its actually not as hard when the day comes, try not to be nervous and do your best. Hope this helps!
redahaha
Rep:
?
(Original post by ells_4321)
I took French GCSE last year and acutally ended up getting a level 9. Vocab is essential, thee more you know, the easier answers will be. I would say practice with whoever you can. Also, some teachers give a list of general questions (if not you could probably find some online or make them up yourself) for each topic, you could try making short answers for those and learning them, so if you were totally stuck, at least you will have something. Finally, its actually not as hard when the day comes, try not to be nervous and do your best. Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, i will definitely try this! congrats on your 9 as well!
archiemcm234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...e-9-1-11922480
xdbatmanpvpxd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ells_4321)
Did you do all the questions on the speaking booklet if so could you show how you put your answers with the vocab
ells_4321
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xdbatmanpvpxd)
Did you do all the questions on the speaking booklet if so could you show how you put your answers with the vocab
When the teachers gave me a list of questions, I took time to write short answers for all of them, some longer than others. I used key vocab and grammar techniques to get the most points possible and got someone else to proofread them. When the exam came, I took ideas from those I had learnt, and although they weren't always the exact same questions, they were close enough I could adapt my answer. I couldn't learn every single answer but by that time I had learnt all of the specification vocab anyway, so I had a good basis for my answers. Hope this helps x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads