The Student Room Group

How to write a personal statement?

To be honest the only thing I ever wanted to study was medicine but due to health issues my grades have not been good enough to apply so I am looking at applying for biological sciences.The thing is I like biological sciences but I am not crazy about it.It is not something I really love and actually want to do.
What are you looking for here? Your title suggests help on a personal statement but you seem to be looking for course advice. I would say to apply for whatever this year or not and just take a gap year after you get your grades which hopefully meet the general medicine entry requirements (so apply next year).
Original post by anonymous1231231
What are you looking for here? Your title suggests help on a personal statement but you seem to be looking for course advice. I would say to apply for whatever this year or not and just take a gap year after you get your grades which hopefully meet the general medicine entry requirements (so apply next year).

My question is what do I write for a personal statement e.g. what sort of things should I mention.
Original post by Anonymous1502
My question is what do I write for a personal statement e.g. what sort of things should I mention.

Hobbies, reading lists, ambition, your current a levels basically all of that. UCAS has a guide on what to write for your personal statement. Hope it helps :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Try talking about research you've read about that really interests you. Depending on the universities you're applying to, you might also want to mention evidence of 'soft skills' (team work, time management, etc.).

There's nothing wrong with not being passionate, you just have to show that you're willing to spend 3-4 years studying the course you're applying to. If you've just started thinking about whether you actually have the motivation to study the full course, you might want to rethink your choices a little.
(edited 5 years ago)
This link might be of help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending