OkThanksBye
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to do either economics or economics and management at University. I want to apply to LSE, Oxford, Kings, Bristol and Manchester. I'm not really enjoying business but I think it's mainly due to my teacher as he's not good at all. Business is also a weak subject so would it be better to drop it and start an EPQ relating to Economics? I think I could achieve AAA*A* respectively to the title.
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by OkThanksBye)
I want to do either economics or economics and management at University. I want to apply to LSE, Oxford, Kings, Bristol and Manchester. I'm not really enjoying business but I think it's mainly due to my teacher as he's not good at all. Business is also a weak subject so would it be better to drop it and start an EPQ relating to Economics? I think I could achieve AAA*A* respectively to the title.
I'm in Y13 doing very similar A-Levels (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Economics + Chemistry AS).
Further Maths is key for LSE. Only a small proportion are given offers without atleast the AS. Now, LSE also need an A* in Maths which you don't think you can get. Manchester, Bristol, Kings and Oxford all want a minimum of an A in Maths as well.
You probably will be best off dropping Business because most top universities tend to view Business as a soft option compared to Economics and also only accept one of the two instead of both. So I would encourage you to drop it and do an EPQ instead.
Hope this helps.
OkThanksBye
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Shiv7)
I'm in Y13 doing very similar A-Levels (Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Economics + Chemistry AS).
Further Maths is key for LSE. Only a small proportion are given offers without atleast the AS. Now, LSE also need an A* in Maths which you don't think you can get. Manchester, Bristol, Kings and Oxford all want a minimum of an A in Maths as well.
You probably will be best off dropping Business because most top universities tend to view Business as a soft option compared to Economics and also only accept one of the two instead of both. So I would encourage you to drop it and do an EPQ instead.
Hope this helps.
Ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (499)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (619)
41.57%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (303)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.57%

Watched Threads