Relipse
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi. I'm currently attending a high school in the West Midlands and i'm starting to become more and more curious with what to do with my life and what I should take upon to when I finish my GCSE's in 2 and a half years.

I currently have big plans to start my own robotics company and do other stuff beneficial to the environmental Eco-system etc. I'm for when I reach A-Level I am thinking of taking: Computer Science (Something I am already taking for GCSE), Physics and engineering (already taking).

I am thinking of switching Computer Science to Further-Maths as I think is will pursue me more in a steadier path for my ambition/plan. Could I get someone's opinion on my decision and whether it's a good choice? , again, I am only in year 9 so I know I shouldn't have too much to worry about but it would be nice if I had a bit of stress removed from my system so I can influence some positive thoughts into my brain and stay on track with school.

I also want to do something that will lead me onto the right track for getting into a good university and something I will find, moderately, enjoyable. I love Maths and Computer Science btw.

Computer Science or Maths?

Regards
Last edited by Relipse; 11 months ago
mango koka
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
If you switch out Comp Sci for further maths, I'm quite sure you'll have to do A level maths along with it (I'm in year 12 and I had to) so you should definitely consider whether if you aim to also do physics AND engineering on top of that, whether you can do 4 subjects and whether they'll let you drop one after the AS. I'd say that the decision module of further maths definitely benefits computer science as it involves things like algorithms.Anway, you have 2 and a half years to think about this, you don't need to be dead set on what you take right away. Just take the time you have to figure out which ones out of the ones you're considering would be most enjoyable to you, since you're more likely to work hard and succeed in subjects you enjoy. Good luck on your GCSEs and whatever you decide to take at A level.
ZdYnm8vuNR
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You'd need to also takes normal maths inorder to take further maths. Also, is engineering an A-level? If it is then its not very looked for, so maybe some other a level will be a better choice.

Maybe think of doing something like: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computer science? or Maths, Further maths and computer science?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (38)
26.03%
No (108)
73.97%

Watched Threads