English language A-level Watch

Emily.hann.xo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hey, I’m doing English language at A-level and I really don’t know how to revise for it. Any advice or tips?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Reviser4689
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
a really effective way is to make flashcards for all the key theories! there's loads of evidence which shows that flashcards are a great way of revising becuase they help to train your brain remember key bits of information, so you'll consequently be able to apply it quickly in the exam when you're annotating your discourse!

a good tip is that if you're writing a flashcard on a theories that has lots of points, like Barclay's language stages for child writing, split it onto more than one flashcard so you know each stage individualy.

I hope this helped and good luck!
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Reviser4689)
a really effective way is to make flashcards for all the key theories! there's loads of evidence which shows that flashcards are a great way of revising becuase they help to train your brain remember key bits of information, so you'll consequently be able to apply it quickly in the exam when you're annotating your discourse!

a good tip is that if you're writing a flashcard on a theories that has lots of points, like Barclay's language stages for child writing, split it onto more than one flashcard so you know each stage individualy.

I hope this helped and good luck!
You seem to have devised a good revision method. May I ask what grade you achieved in the end?
Reviser4689
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm actually in my second year of the course! Flashcards are something that's helped me get pretty decent grades; I'm aiming for an A*

Doing past papers is effective too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads