The Student Room Group

Shy guy

I am not shy in general but around girls, esp. girls i like, I get nervous af and don't know wtf im doing.

What is the solution to this? I blush like hell when I'm complimented (again just from a girl I like, not everyone), I turn red. Happened a few times and I felt like an idiot.

I'm an adult man too which makes it even more pathetic :/
I agree with this.

Remember, no matter how beautiful / "fit" or pretty you think she is, remember she still p!sses, sh!ts and f@rts like any other human being... and even the hottest girls still have their own insecurities and / or hang-ups.

I'm not going to lie... but as a hetrosexual man, shyness is far more detrimental to someone like yourself than anyone else. I say this because in the world of courting, it's always the mans job to go over and make the first move. Think about it, if you're a shy girl (or a gay guy, for that matter), you can always take a more passive role and wait for a more assertive individual to take the initiative.

It may be in your interests to let go of the "I need a girlfriend" thing for now, and work on your shyness (I'm a firm believer in building your foundations first). I would suggest you do something called Cognitive Behaviroal Therapy (CBT)... this involves tackling your fears / phobias by taking babysteps out of your comfort zone. You can start by doing something simple like chatting to girls on a till in a supermarket (OSLT)... it's a safe place to start as:-

1) they have to be reasonably polite to you, as it's part of their job
2) You won't be there for more than a couple of minutes; therefore there's little chance of an uncomfortable silence developing
3) The only people who generally make conversation with them are normally the elderly, so a young good looking chap like yourself will make a nice change.

The key for CBT working is finding the right starting point for you.. you should feel slightly nervous, but not overwhelmed. Therefore, if the young cute checkout girl is too much, then try talkign to some middle-aged woman, or even a guy (just don't wink at him at the end lol).

When that becomes comfortable, then practice giving them compliments. Keep it light hearted for now, and say something like "By the way, only you can make that uniform look good" followed by a chuckle and then just keep ramping it up and upping the ante until you're charming the knickers of that hottie in the Versace dress :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending