Cambridge Engineering PhD application Watch

IrisTmy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone, this is the first time I ask a question in the student room, feeling excited!!xxx

I have made my application to Cambridge PhD in Engineering last week on the online portal, and now my status of application is "under review by department". Does anyone have previous experience about how long will it take to next stage?

Thanks very much in advance! : )
AdityaR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied too, for the PhD in Engineering, last month. What subject did you apply to (any chance that it was advanced machine learning)?
Doonesbury
  • Section Leader
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IrisTmy)
Hello everyone, this is the first time I ask a question in the student room, feeling excited!!xxx

I have made my application to Cambridge PhD in Engineering last week on the online portal, and now my status of application is "under review by department". Does anyone have previous experience about how long will it take to next stage?

Thanks very much in advance! : )
(Original post by AdityaR)
I applied too, for the PhD in Engineering, last month. What subject did you apply to (any chance that it was advanced machine learning)?
You probably need this thread:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=5205742
Official CAMBRIDGE 2019 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, my subject is Electrical and Electronic Engineering. And now my application status is still under view by department. How is your application going?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AdityaR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mine's the same, it's with the department. It's been there for a while now.
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Yeah, I suppose this will take the most of the time. If I got any progress will let you know😄😄
enginEar
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone getting any progress?
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Still not... how about you, which subject are you applied to?
enginEar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied for an MPhil within the same department, not really the same route our applications are taking but close enough. Mine's been under review by department since the 14th Nov. Not really that long but the wait is killing me hah.
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
(Original post by enginEar)
I applied for an MPhil within the same department, not really the same route our applications are taking but close enough. Mine's been under review by department since the 14th Nov. Not really that long but the wait is killing me hah.
Yeah definitely! I checked it almost everyday but the status never changed haha, will let you know if there’s and progress. Good luck!
UniStu21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by enginEar)
Hey,

Finally someone who applied for this course ! I had applied around the same time, and there has been no progress since then. Did you contact your prospective supervisor before applying?
Also, If you don’t mind sharing, what research group did you apply for?
Last edited by UniStu21; 1 week ago
enginEar
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by UniStu21)
Hey,

Finally someone who applied for this course ! I had applied around the same time, and there has been no progress since then. Did you contact your prospective supervisor before applying?
Also, If you don’t mind sharing, what research group did you apply for?
I was rejected in December :/
OralBsatinfloss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Applied for Engineering PhD in November, status is awaiting approval from GAO now.
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by OralBsatinfloss)
Applied for Engineering PhD in November, status is awaiting approval from GAO now.
Congratulations! Mind me ask which division are you in? I have got an offer in Electrical Engineering PhD
OralBsatinfloss
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Congratulations! Mind me ask which division are you in? I have got an offer in Electrical Engineering PhD
I'm in the Energy group
UniStu21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by OralBsatinfloss)
I'm in the Energy group
Congratulations guys!

Did you guys have any sort of communication with your prospective supervisors before applying? What was the interview process like, if you don't mind sharing!
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Congratulations guys!

Did you guys have any sort of communication with your prospective supervisors before applying? What was the interview process like, if you don't mind sharing!
Hi, I contacted my potential supervisor before application and talked with him about my research proposal
UniStu21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi, I contacted my potential supervisor before application and talked with him about my research proposal
Were you interviewed by the same professor after applying?
IrisTmy
Rep:
?
Were you interviewed by the same professor after applying?
Yes, He interviewed me twice. But I suppose this is different with different supervisors.
OralBsatinfloss
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Congratulations guys!

I didn't contact supervisors prior to submitting my application, but one of my proposed supervisors I listed in my application reached out to me mid December to schedule an interview. It was very casual, just giving me some background on his group, asking about my experience, and then discussing a potential project together
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)