I cant apply for maths at a levels !!! Help

Watch
Calypso Xeno
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
PLEASE HELP ME ON WHAT TO DO ! MY TEACHER MOVED MY PREDICTED GRADE DOWN TO A 4+ FOR MATHS BECAUSE I DIDN’T COMPLETE MY HOMEWORK 3 TIMES (bad I know I regret not doing it) I THINK ITS EXTREMELY UNFAIR TO JUDGE MY CAPABILITY OF MATHS FROM NOT FREAKING DOING MY HOMEWORK. I KNOW MY CAPABILITY AND I KNOW IF I WORK HARD ENOUGH I WILL ACHIEVE MINIMUM 7s AT GCSE BUT I NEED MY PREDICTED GRADE TO BE HIGHER TO APPLY FOR COLLEGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE IVE HEARD I CANT APPLY FOR MORE THAN 1 SCIENCE OF MY PREDICTED GRADE FOR MATHS IS NOT A 6. MATHS AND SCIENCE ARE MY FAVOURITE SUBJECTS, ANYTHING ELSE AND ILL FAIL A LEVELS I CANT DEAL WITH WORDY SUBJECTS. IVE GOT MY PREDICTED GRADE OF A 6 FOR SCIENCE BUT NOT MATHS PLEASE HELP IM SO UPSET AND FREAKING OUT 😭😭😭😭 MY MATHS TECHER WONT BLOODY LISTEN!
Louislouster
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jheez sounds terrible, have you explained this to your teacher at all?
banders18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Calypso Xeno)
PLEASE HELP ME ON WHAT TO DO ! MY TEACHER MOVED MY PREDICTED GRADE DOWN TO A 4+ FOR MATHS BECAUSE I DIDN’T COMPLETE MY HOMEWORK 3 TIMES (bad I know I regret not doing it) I THINK ITS EXTREMELY UNFAIR TO JUDGE MY CAPABILITY OF MATHS FROM NOT FREAKING DOING MY HOMEWORK. I KNOW MY CAPABILITY AND I KNOW IF I WORK HARD ENOUGH I WILL ACHIEVE MINIMUM 7s AT GCSE BUT I NEED MY PREDICTED GRADE TO BE HIGHER TO APPLY FOR COLLEGE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM FREAKING OUT BECAUSE IVE HEARD I CANT APPLY FOR MORE THAN 1 SCIENCE OF MY PREDICTED GRADE FOR MATHS IS NOT A 6. MATHS AND SCIENCE ARE MY FAVOURITE SUBJECTS, ANYTHING ELSE AND ILL FAIL A LEVELS I CANT DEAL WITH WORDY SUBJECTS. IVE GOT MY PREDICTED GRADE OF A 6 FOR SCIENCE BUT NOT MATHS PLEASE HELP IM SO UPSET AND FREAKING OUT 😭😭😭😭 MY MATHS TECHER WONT BLOODY LISTEN!
It sounds like your teacher is being a little stubborn, however I think the best thing you can do is prove that you are capable. Make sure to be attentive in their lesson and complete their homework from now. Perhaps if you have time, you could try practising some past papers and bring them in to show the teacher. This will show the teacher that you’re working to achieve a top grade. Is there a form teacher or head of year that you can talk to about the matter too?
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just ask your parents to go and speak to your head about it. Try and persuade them that you realise you've made a mistake but you genuinely feel you are well capable of doing well.
Hope this helps.
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by Louislouster)
Jheez sounds terrible, have you explained this to your teacher at all?
She won’t listen 😭😭 I’m going to go and talk to her again
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by banders18)
It sounds like your teacher is being a little stubborn, however I think the best thing you can do is prove that you are capable. Make sure to be attentive in their lesson and complete their homework from now. Perhaps if you have time, you could try practising some past papers and bring them in to show the teacher. This will show the teacher that you’re working to achieve a top grade. Is there a form teacher or head of year that you can talk to about the matter too?
Yes I’ve done all the homework ever since that happened. And she is the head of maths !! 😭
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No need to yell. That hurts my eyes.

Have you proven through the homework that you have done that you’re capable of getting 6/7’s? Go and speak to the teacher and explain. Apologise for not doing the work.
Calypso Xeno
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
lol

who cares about what your teachers predict? if you achieve a 9 on results day the school isn't gonna turn around and say "ur not allowed to do maths because u didn't apply for it in november". lots of people drop a-level maths in the first month so there'll be space for you.

but that's all dependent on you achieving a high grade.
Yay thankss
dxnixl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yay thankss
yeah and i’d expect you’d have the option to change it on an ‘enrolment day’ or something - we were given the option to change it then when i joined sixth form.
predicted grades aren’t really that important at GCSE.
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Step 1: Tell your teacher it's affecting your college choice and would they please consider changing it so you can apply to college.
Step 2: if teacher says no, go to the head of department to see if they can overrule your teacher who gave you that grade.
Step 3: go to the head teacher if Step 1 & 2 comes to nothing
Step 4: if no one in your school can help, approach your college and explain the situation and politely ask them whether they would consider waiving this requirement because your teacher gave you a poor predicted grade for missing some homeworks. Offer to do an entrance test or otherwise if required.

It shouldn't need to go past step 1 though - Just be apologetic and say it won't happen again (missing homeworks), and basically beg to get a higher predicted grade.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (8)
18.18%
No one else does (18)
40.91%
I'm embarrassed about my background (4)
9.09%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (12)
27.27%
We don't use a video platform (1)
2.27%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed