I asked my boyfriend a question.... please help

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My boyfriend and I were on FaceTime and I decided to ask him some questions because we got bored. We have been dating for almost 6 months now. Im the type of girl that is considered clingy and I don't like it when he talks to girls that like him (like really like him and is interested in him). I get a lot of anxiety when I feel like we're not on good terms and I need confirmation from him because he doesn't give me much attention than I would like.

Anyways, I asked him this.

"What are the two biggest lessons you've learned from previous relationships?"

He responded like this;

First is to not talk 24/7. And second is to not be so involved in each others life and know everything that is going on.

I feel like he was indirectly talking about me because I love talking to him and being caught up on his day and stuff. I didn't know it was so much to ask for. Also if I try to give him space he gets all "what's wrong" and then when I tell him he gets either mad or frustrated, and then I am the one who has to cheer him up. I feel like I always have to act a certain way so everything feels okay. But I really do love him so much.

I guess my question is, What should I do?

Act distant? Ignore him? Give him the space he indirectly says he wants? Make him miss me?

Please help!!!!
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Stop trying to play games. Talk to him. Find out what he actually wants and then try and do it.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
He's talking about previous relationships.

Here's a protip, if you're going to ask a question pertaining to relationships, try not to get offended or sensitive when you hear something you didn't expect to hear. You asked, he answered. It sounds like you wanted him to say something specific to make you happy. Got a problem? Talk to him about it.
Last edited by UWS; 2 years ago
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I totally agree with him. You've got to be your own person and be able to grow in yourself whilst in a relationship.
abbie mmualefe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If this guy really likes you then he should appreciate that you take time to ask him about his day. I honestly don't think he's into you the way you are into him
Weelouise
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with Abbie, I don't think he's as into you as you are to him. It sounds as if he wants more freedom and to be less involved in each others lives, but you want the opposite. I would reconsider investing much more time in the relationship to be honest. Just my opinion though :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads