The Student Room Group

Am I still a virgin

Me and my ex tried having sex, only the tip went in and it was too painful, 1 day after I bled but I’m not sure if it’s due to my hymen being broken or just a tearing, am I still a virgin and was I bleeding because of a tearing or? So confused only the tip went in.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emilyjaneblue123
Me and my ex tried having sex, only the tip went in and it was too painful, 1 day after I bled but I’m not sure if it’s due to my hymen being broken or just a tearing, am I still a virgin and was I bleeding because of a tearing or? So confused only the tip went in.

The bigger issue here is the pain. You need to make sure you're relaxed enough and use lube if you need to. Sex the first time will be painful but the pain should go away. Bleeding is normal too.

If you're a virgin or not is up to you to decide.
Reply 2
Original post by DrawTheLine
The bigger issue here is the pain. You need to make sure you're relaxed enough and use lube if you need to. Sex the first time will be painful but the pain should go away. Bleeding is normal too.

If you're a virgin or not is up to you to decide.

I agree. I think it’s up to you if your a virgin anymore or not.
Sometimes labels don't adequtely describe what we are. And yet labels still get applied.

The labels of you being a virgin or a non-virgin: neither of them properly describe what you are now.

You are you. You are unique. What you have gone through is slightly out of the norm. But it's certainly not unheard of.
Just think of yourself as someone that has had a tip put in. And therefore neither a virgin nor non-virgin, or both a virgin and a non-virgin.

Also, none of this affects in any way at all your validity as a human being. Nor does it affect your desirability for the next man that comes along, nor for Mr Tip.
There's every chance - my estimate over 99% - that you will go on to have an enjoyable, fulfilling, satisfying sex life.
Original post by imdying123
Oh my god, you just lost your virginity. I would love to tell you a relatable story about me losing my virginty. One day i was enjoying a dildo my parents had bought for me for my birthday. i was in my room when have an intense session of playing fortnite as well as masturbating with the new dildo. My parents walked in and told me to try a new technique on fortnite of course to kill my frenemies. so, me being my horny self, i asked my stepdad (a football coach) to penetrate me. It was the best day ever as i enjoyed myself the most playing fortnite as well as sex.
HMU if you wanna hook up (gotta love the rhyming)

How u gonna leave us hanging like that did u win the game or not????
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
I agree with other posters where it's up to you to decide whether you're still a virgin or not. Whichever you decide, it seriously won't even change who you are. You don't undergo some crazy physical/spiritual/mental transformation when you lose your virginity. Just a very small sexual transformation that will gradually continue each time you explore yourself sexually. Same thing happens when you masturbate and try out new things. Overall it really doesn't matter.

With regards to the pain, I had a similar experience. Actually took three weeks to get it in, and my ex wasn't particularly big or anything. So here's my advice:

Plenty of foreplay

I prefer my natural lubrication; feels better

Relax

Start off with a finger maybe, then go to two

Make him go in very slowly

Once he's in, he can just slightly move around a little in there to open things up before actually thrusting

When he does start thrusting, again, slowly and gently

And lastly, don't be afraid to stop if it hurts and try again tomorrow. Like I said, it took me three weeks to lose my virginity.

The vagina expands when aroused, there's no such thing as a tight or loose vagina. Just an expanded or contracted one.
it's done and gone sorry love x
Reply 7
Agreed with everyone else... my hymen broke the first time I was fingered and I still considered myself a virgin until I later had PIV sex so I don’t think having an intact hymen is the best was to decide virginity.

I think it’s is important to make sure your body is ready for sex and maybe take it slower next time to ensure you are well lubricated. Sex shouldn’t be painful... I was abit sore after my first time but wasnt in actual pain during... more slightly uncomfortable and then sore after.
everyone except me is a virgin

Hi, sorry to hear this. All i can say is i have been having sex on and off for 3-4 years now and i still classify myself as a virgin. I feel that spiritually i have not lost it yet. all the best
Original post by hitherematey1
Hi, sorry to hear this. All i can say is i have been having sex on and off for 3-4 years now and i still classify myself as a virgin. I feel that spiritually i have not lost it yet. all the best

I'm sorry what? Being a virgin isn't a 'feeling'. You had sex therefore you are not a virgin, simple as that
Original post by hitherematey1

Might want to recheck the definition of 'virgin'.

Me too
Someone here wrote sex will be painful the first time. That isn't true. It wasn't for me. Maybe after a little sore and there was some bleeding, but I think the pain is the result of not being properly relaxed, or maybe not being with the right person who can make you feel comfortable.
Original post by Rossagle
Someone here wrote sex will be painful the first time. That isn't true. It wasn't for me. Maybe after a little sore and there was some bleeding, but I think the pain is the result of not being properly relaxed, or maybe not being with the right person who can make you feel comfortable.

It actually has to do with whether he prepared you properly and whether you were, as a result, wet and expanded enough. I took the virginity of my current girlfriend and it didn't hurt her nor did she bleed. But as you mentioned she was a bit sore.
I lost my virginity to my 1st cousin at age 7, is this normal ?
Original post by Stuart 12345
I lost my virginity to my 1st cousin at age 7, is this normal ?

You know it's not, you must be trolling
Reply 17

Why do you care if you are a virgin? If you want to be just say you are. No one will ever know if a penis went near your vagina or not! Right?
Reply 18
So upset no one has answered your question cause the same thing happened to me
Reply 19

Thé same thing happened to me. I never knew where my hole was but when my boyfriend tried to put the tip 2 during separate month I started to feel where my hole is. My finger was able to go in too. However I still would consider myself a virgin because we didn’t have sex and no one came. Until i have sex and moan for a guy that’s when I will say I’m not a virgin. His loss cause he’s now my ex and we was together for 4 years.

Quick Reply

Latest