The Student Room Group

Advanced learner loan

Im currently employed by a dental practice and I have an advanced learner loan. My notice period is 4 weeks, but if I drop out of the course does anyone know if I would have to leave the practice immediatley?
Original post by Stacey_batt
Im currently employed by a dental practice and I have an advanced learner loan. My notice period is 4 weeks, but if I drop out of the course does anyone know if I would have to leave the practice immediatley?

The only people who can decide that are the practice as I assume they employ you.
If they decide its a condition of employment you stay on the course and you have been with them less than 2 years, then if they choose they can let you go.
If your job is dependant on you being on the course then I believe you would be under a duty to tell them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
The only people who can decide that are the practice as I assume they employ you.
If they decide its a condition of employment you stay on the course and you have been with them less than 2 years, then if they choose they can let you go.
If your job is dependant on you being on the course then I believe you would be under a duty to tell them.

I would tell them anyway as its a gdc requirement to be registered with them otherwise i cant be a dental nurse. Im just wondering if id have to leave immediatley or carry on working my notice. Not sure about the legal side of it 😩
I would tell them anyway as its a gdc requirement to be registered with them otherwise i cant be a dental nurse. Im just wondering if id have to leave immediatley or carry on working my notice. Not sure about the legal side of it 😩

I would think its ok to stay on whatever capacity you are, but you would cease to be a trainee. Whether they keep you is up to them. They cna agree to let you go quickly or let you serve your notice.

What went wrong?
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
I would think its ok to stay on whatever capacity you are, but you would cease to be a trainee. Whether they keep you is up to them. They cna agree to let you go quickly or let you serve your notice.

What went wrong?

I just dont think its the job for me. I feel rubbish at it and its stressing me out. Feel depressed going in and start dreading it to the point where its all i think about when im not there if that makes sense? I love the people i work with its just the job its self
I just dont think its the job for me. I feel rubbish at it and its stressing me out. Feel depressed going in and start dreading it to the point where its all i think about when im not there if that makes sense? I love the people i work with its just the job its self

Then have a word with your employers and hand in your notice. They can waive notice if needed. It is down to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending