The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CFarlee
Still nothing back from them. Have you been lucky enough to have a response yet? I am thinking to maybe email them tomorrow if there isnt a response. On 22nd November they did say hopefully within 2 weeks which should be today. Maybe I am too impatient but the waiting is making me anxious!

Nothing from my end Im afraid. I really do wish you the best of luck, it was a brutal process.
XXIV second round invitations also now out.
Original post by baraspirant
XXIV second round invitations also now out.

Did you get a second round?
Reply 23
It really was. That’s why I haven’t been too hopeful about it to be fair. Best of luck to you too! They have 2 places so it would be great if we both got it :smile:
Original post by Shellbeach
Did you get a second round?

I did, fortunately!
Original post by CFarlee
It really was. That’s why I haven’t been too hopeful about it to be fair. Best of luck to you too! They have 2 places so it would be great if we both got it :smile:

Best of luck to you too! That would be wonderful, but at the very least it was a good experience for me to take into the next set of interviews. That's how I try to look at rejections, that plus over eating afterwards
I did, fortunately!

Congratulations. Didn't you post a thread entitled "Chances of pupillage in GDL year...Oxbridge double first" thread a while ago? I could have told you back then that you would easily get interviews! :smile:
Original post by ard1246
Has anyone heard back from 11KBW about assessed minis yet?

Nothing yet, a tough interview too!
Recevied an offer of pupillage and have accepted it - and will probably delete or edit my posts on here soon to stop being identifiable. Good luck everybody still applying!
Recevied an offer of pupillage and have accepted it - and will probably delete or edit my posts on here soon to stop being identifiable. Good luck everybody still applying!

Congratulations for making the dream come true!
Anyone recieved any offers/rejections from Chartlands Chambers?
Original post by ard1246
Has anyone heard back from 11KBW about assessed minis yet?

Nothing either - but judging by last year's timeline, it will be 2 weeks after interview (rejected last year).
Received my 11KBW response. Rejected
Original post by jakwjgniwnf

I've also received a response from 11 KBW.

Anyone heard back from Essex Court? They said they would make offers by the 17th at the latest.
Original post by jakwjgniwnf

Same unfortunately! Interview was good experience though
Original post by LeonardCohen
I've also received a response from 11 KBW.Anyone heard back from Essex Court? They said they would make offers by the 17th at the latest.
Are you referring to the Essex Court mini-pupillage? I'm also waiting to hear back from them, hoping to get a mini in before Gateway closes. On their website it says that they will release results in the New Year (although you have probably seen that by now!).
I'm not applying for pupillage this year, but I plan to next year, and I am just deciding which sets it's worth my while applying to.

Has anyone with a 2:1 has secured an interview with any of the London commercial/chancery sets (not the 'magic circle ones', e.g. Wilberforce or Maitland, but the others!).

I know it may be rare, but I just wanted to check. Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!
Original post by Shellbeach
I'm not applying for pupillage this year, but I plan to next year, and I am just deciding which sets it's worth my while applying to.

Has anyone with a 2:1 has secured an interview with any of the London commercial/chancery sets (not the 'magic circle ones', e.g. Wilberforce or Maitland, but the others!).

I know it may be rare, but I just wanted to check. Thanks, and best of luck to everyone!

There were a few people with 2:1s in the final round interviews at my set - they tended to also have Masters degrees, though.
Reply 38
Does anyone know when we hear back from Zenith chambers for 1st round interviews?

I applied for their criminal pupillage, I swear I read early January somewhere but I might be confusing it with somewhere else...
Reply 39
Original post by ves3925
Does anyone know when we hear back from Zenith chambers for 1st round interviews?

I applied for their criminal pupillage, I swear I read early January somewhere but I might be confusing it with somewhere else...

I don’t remember it saying when but I’ve not heard back yet if that helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending