The Student Room Group
Students at the Royal Agricultural College
Royal Agricultural University
Cirencester

The Royal Agriculture University

Wondered if there’s anyone going to RAU (2019) and what they’ll be studying
Agriculture, I applied to agriculture courses at other schools but I like RAU the most.
Students at the Royal Agricultural College
Royal Agricultural University
Cirencester
I have have accepted an offer to study agriculture
I have accepted to study international equine and agricultural management
Reply 4
I've got a conditional for international equine and agricultural management
Saaame @ims1234 have you put royal ag as your firm choice?
Reply 6
yeah i have you?
Original post by Emilyallan2001
Saaame @ims1234 have you put royal ag as your firm choice?
Reply 8
@Emilyallan2001Good to see there’s someone else doing the same course! Where are you from?
Original post by ims1234
@Emilyallan2001Good to see there’s someone else doing the same course! Where are you from?

From Spain although will be starting the course next year in 2021
Reply 10
I'm thinking of applying to RAU to do agriculture in 2021, but don't know what it'll be like because they don't have their own farm. Does anyone else currently do the agriculture course at RUA? What is it like?
Original post by xThomas49
Agriculture, I applied to agriculture courses at other schools but I like RAU the most.

sorry to jump in. I was curious, what can you do with an agriculture degree? thanks
I'm in the final year of my undergrad at the RAU. The RAU no longer has Harnhill but still has Coates Manor Farm (arable) - within walking distance. An agreement was also signed at the end of last year allowing RAU students access to the Bathurst Estate for educational field trips. I'm not personally on the agriculture course so I can't comment on how good it actually was, but all courses generally have lots of field trips (COVID permitting) throughout the year.
Original post by Studentlife04
sorry to jump in. I was curious, what can you do with an agriculture degree? thanks

lots of things - land based sector offers a lot of jobs. It might sounds crazy but there are also many different agriculture degrees, so you can specialize in different things. For example, students can establish a career in Agricultural consultancy; or focus more on the management side and manage farms and agricultural businesses; students interested in the science side of ag can do something like soil research - literally so many options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending