Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanjana Shibu)
    Hey guys! I just got an interview, I feel like I'm going to regret posting this if I get a post-interview rejection but it felt right to let everyone know! I hope everyone's applications are going well
    they cant give you an interview and then reject you before the interview..can they????

ReputationRep:
    Post interview rejection means after the interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ka.milll)
    Hi,

My application also got put on hold. Bit annoying but I still hope for an interview for the february round..
    I really hope you get an interview!! I have no clue how many Bristol are interviewing but I think there are around 20 places? Best of luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Any more Interviews?

ReputationRep:
    How many places are there actually???
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone provide some help/advise?
    I haven't applied for this course but am interested for possibly next year. I did rubbish in school due to personal issues though I didn't fail. Am I reading it right, that I can't use an access course to get into this course?

How do they expect mature students to get into this course? I thought the whole point of courses like these were so that people who didn't have the chance before could try again?

My grades at GCSE's were roughly (it's been so long) 3 A*, 3As, 1or 2Bs and 5Cs and A Levels were BCD in completely irrelevant subjects.

Is it worth resitting my GCSE science, I think I got B in one and C in the other. Is that even possible anymore?

And is it worth doing a Biolgy A level privately?

Why doesn't Bristol accept Access Courses?

Thanks in advance 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ka.milll)
    Hi,

My application also got put on hold. Bit annoying but I still hope for an interview for the february round..
    Same here! I’m so stressed out about it. What are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coffeegirl)
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone provide some help/advise?
    I haven't applied for this course but am interested for possibly next year. I did rubbish in school due to personal issues though I didn't fail. Am I reading it right, that I can't use an access course to get into this course?
    Why doesn't Bristol accept Access Courses?
    Bristol accepts Access for the 5-year course - which is usually more suitable for older applicants. You will need GCSE Maths at A - and that is certainly worth retaking anyway for Medicine. The Gateway courses are widening-participation courses for school leavers from specific low performing schools. There are plenty of other ways to get onto a Medicine course that this.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve seen that some people have already gotten offers for the course I’ve applied to, I haven’t yet and I was wondering if anyone still hasn’t. Also, I had to send in an extenuating circumstance which took long, could this also be a reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alayna1234)
    I’ve seen that some people have already gotten offers for the course I’ve applied to, I haven’t yet and I was wondering if anyone still hasn’t. Also, I had to send in an extenuating circumstance which took long, could this also be a reason?
    Gateway to Med? No-one has an offer - because the interview days haven't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry lol I meant, like offered to have interviews. I’m just wondering if some people still haven’t received interviews cos I know there’s two dates which are JAN 29 and one in February, so there isn’t much left.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry lol I meant, like offered to have interviews. I’m just wondering if some people still haven’t received interviews cos I know there’s two dates which are JAN 29 and one in February, so there isn’t much left.
    I think all the Jan ones have been booked up so now Feb is left... I got my interview back in November? Whats your stats? Could probs be due to that???

ReputationRep:
    My stats meet all their requirements from what I saw on their site:

BBC (biology, chemistry and physics) +A in a foreign language (tho that doesn’t really matter)

GCSE’s: 1A* 1A 6B’s 3C’s

UKCAT: 600

I checked my personal statement with a lot of people so I think it’s decent, I don’t know.

That makes me even more nervous. This is literally the only way I can pursue medicine unless I get 3A’s at the end of this year and reapply or don’t and do a science based undergrad which I really don’t want to.

It’s also the only med course I applied to :/

Jan probably is fully booked right? I hope they give me an interview for feb 😬😭🤞

://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RodosH)
    I think all the Jan ones have been booked up so now Feb is left... I got my interview back in November? Whats your stats? Could probs be due to that???

BBC (biology, chemistry and physics) +A in a foreign language (tho that doesn’t really matter)

I checked my personal statement with a lot of people so I think it’s decent, I don’t know.

That makes me even more nervous. This is literally the only way I can pursue medicine unless I get 3A’s at the end of this year and reapply or don’t and do a science based undergrad which I really don’t want to.

Jan probably is fully booked right? I hope they give me an interview for feb 😬😭🤞

ReputationRep:

Well that’s fine then! You meet all the requirements, tbh now its just down to your personal statement. I’m sure you’ll get some response after New Year, I haven’t heard from the other people who’ve recently got interviews for Gateway so hopefully they come out soon 🤗

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RodosH)
    Well that’s fine then! You meet all the requirements, tbh now its just down to your personal statement. I’m sure you’ll get some response after New Year, I haven’t heard from the other people who’ve recently got interviews for Gateway so hopefully they come out soon 🤗
    I hope so 🙏

ReputationRep:
    What do I need to take to the interview I have mine on the 12th of Feb and also do I need to fill out a work experience form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamatar786)
    What do I need to take to the interview I have mine on the 12th of Feb and also do I need to fill out a work experience form?

No - just take your photo-id, possibly a bottle of water, and a big smile.

ReputationRep:
    I hope so 🙏
    I got rejected so

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected so
    Did you meet the entry requirements?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 21, 2019

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.