The Student Room Group

Biology tips to improve

Hi!

I’m only in year 8 and would like to know how to improve my biology score (I only got 60%, so disappointed)

Any tips to improve? Thanks alot
Original post by LN05
Hi!

I’m only in year 8 and would like to know how to improve my biology score (I only got 60%, so disappointed)

Any tips to improve? Thanks alot

Do a lot of practice paper questions.
The Mark Scheme can be strict sometimes and may only accept certain key words for you to get all of the marks for the question.
Also, there's only so many ways that a question can be rewrote, so it's inevitable that you'll come across a question in the real exam that you've already seen if you've done lots of practice questions :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Infinite Series
Do a lot of practice paper questions.
The Mark Scheme can be strict sometimes and may only accept certain key words for you to get all of the marks for the question.
Also, there's only so many ways that a question can be rewrote, so it's inevitable that you'll come across a question in the real exam that you've already seen if you've done lots of practice questions :smile:

Thanks! To be honest, I actually revised almost everything, it’s just that there were questions in the test that we weren’t taught.

But i was only 4 marks from 70% (expected for me)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by LN05
Thanks! To be honest, I actually revised almost everything, it’s just that there were questions in the test that we weren’t taught.
But i was only 4 marks from 70% (expected for me)

If there were questions that you weren't taught, then try studying ahead of the class to prepare you for scenarios like this in future.
Do understand that Biology is a tough subject so even if you got a score that wasn't too high e.g 60%, the the grade boundaries will be low so you could end up with a grade 7/8.
Reply 4
Original post by Infinite Series
If there were questions that you weren't taught, then try studying ahead of the class to prepare you for scenarios like this in future.
Do understand that Biology is a tough subject so even if you got a score that wasn't too high e.g 60%, the the grade boundaries will be low so you could end up with a grade 7/8.

Yep! That’s exactly what I thought...But.

The test that I did was only KS3, and the boundaries you are talking about are GCSE.

But thanks a lot anyway!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending