A book.
OasisWSB
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Adam Harrington)
What is Jekyll and hyde
Jekyll and Hyde is a gothic horror story about a well respected doctor and victorian gentleman, Henry Jekyll. As the book goes on, the characters, particularly Mr Utterson (the reliable narrator) see Jekyll getting sick, and he begins to display anti social behaviour. One of the key themes is repression, which was very common in Victorian Society. Louis Stevenson, the author, had a wild night life where he met with prostitutes and went to opium dens. This is partly reflected in the book by Jekyll's counterpart, Edward Hyde. Hyde murders people, and gradually overtakes Jekyll's body, until the doctor cannot restrain him any more. Is that enough of an explanation? I don't want to spoil the ending!
filipw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jekyll and Hyde are the same people
OasisWSB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by filipw)
Jekyll and Hyde are the same people
Yes I am aware! That is what I meant by ‘counterpart’ lmao - this means they are the same.
I would not say they are truly the same however, as Jekyll physically and mentally transforms when Hyde takes over.
filipw
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by xiumint.y)
Yes I am aware! That is what I meant by ‘counterpart’ lmao - this means they are the same.
I would not say they are truly the same however, as Jekyll physically and mentally transforms when Hyde takes over.
I low-key didn't read your post and decided to comment that. No I think Jekyll was a prick all along and he finally shoes us his true colours
OasisWSB
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by filipw)
I low-key didn't read your post and decided to comment that. No I think Jekyll was a prick all along and he finally shoes us his true colours
Honestly mood. That’s what Victorian society gets for being so repressed and depressed all the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads