How Do You Know When A Girl Fancies You Watch

Il971
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How can you tell when a girl fancies/likes you?
Like what are the signs?
Does she fancy you or is she just being friendly?

I often mess up and think a girl may fancy me, but in reality she could just be being friendly?
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Idk when i fancy a girl i blush

Moved to relationships
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I never got the hang of this, so I tend to take the bull by the horns, so to speak, and if you get jibbed off, then so be it.
Lady Jamie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you use the word 'fancy' when I'm present, then I probably fancy you.
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Il971)
Like what are the signs?

I often mess up and think a girl may fancy me, but in reality she could just be being friendly?
I wouldn't know, no one ever fancies me :cry2:

However I have seen girls fancy my friends - they hint big time, both verbally (flirting) and non-verbally (getting close to you / whispering etc).

:goodluck: and don't be desperate!
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Actually, I have got the hang of it on a few occasions. If they are grinding on you at a gig (or otherwise getting a bit close and personal), it's generally a safe bet.
gwangjuKOREA2021
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
She will talk to you, or an even better sign is her friends talk to you because it means she is checking you out
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Il971)
Like what are the signs?

Okay actually, I can advise you when a girl is being friendly.

Personally, I am more comfortable around people I don't particularly fancy. I joke around with my guy friends a lot, I would approach them a lot more than I would with people I fancy, I would act more at ease and comfortable. If I initiate a plan with a guy, I probably don't fancy them.

Edit* Wait now I'm just confused too. Reading this as a third-party, is this why I'm still single? Okay OP idk take my post with a pinch of salt because I have no idea what I'm talking about at 12:30 am. For girls like me; too friendly =/= fancy you, too unfriendly =/= fancy you, friendly = maybe fancy you, unfriendly = maybe fancy you?
Last edited by Lady Jamie; 2 months ago
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Girls express attraction through advertising receptive behaviours. This means that you are required to express proceptive behaviours to capitalise on your opportunity to engage in the mating ritual. In short, you'll need to risk being rejected to falsify the hypothesis that the girl in question likes you.

If you don't, you're a coward and you deserve to be alone. There is more dignity in trying and failing meaningfully to realise your romantic will than there is in doing nothing.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Trust Orang)
Girls express attraction through advertising receptive behaviours. This means that you are required to express proceptive behaviours to capitalise on your opportunity to engage in the mating ritual. In short, you'll need to risk being rejected to falsify the hypothesis that the girl in question likes you.

If you don't, you're a coward and you deserve to be alone. There is more dignity in trying and failing meaningfully to realise your romantic will than there is in doing nothing.
Reject the null hypothesis, accept the alternative hypothesis.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If they laugh at things you say it can be a sure fire way of telling, especially if you are an unfunny ******** like me.

Not so helpful if you are fully hilarious, I hazard.
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by UWS)
Reject the null hypothesis, accept the alternative hypothesis.
Alternative hypothesis <3
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lady Jamie)

Personally, I am more comfortable around people I don't particularly fancy. I joke around with my guy friends a lot, I would approach them a lot more than I would with people I fancy, I would act more at ease and comfortable. If I initiate a plan with a guy, I probably don't fancy them.

Edit* Wait now I'm just confused too. Reading this as a third-party, is this why I'm still single? Okay OP idk take my post with a pinch of salt because I have no idea what I'm talking about at 12:30 am. For girls like me; too friendly =/= fancy you, too unfriendly =/= fancy you, friendly = maybe fancy you, unfriendly = maybe fancy you?
LMAO, you sound like a proper head case. Marry me :eek::dancing:
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
It's midnight hahaha, you are lucky I'm not tipsy or else I'll be posting about milk again!
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's midnight hahaha, you are lucky I'm not tipsy or else I'll be posting about milk again!
Awsome!, I love random stuff like that.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
When I fancy someone, I usually try and talk to them as much as possible. I remember everything they say. I look at them a lot and I laugh at their jokes. If I’m in the same room as them I try and find them.
I don’t know how anyone can not realise I fancy them I make it pretty obvious.
Lady Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
When I fancy someone, I usually try and talk to them as much as possible. I remember everything they say. I look at them a lot and I laugh at their jokes. If I’m in the same room as them I try and find them.
I don’t know how anyone can not realise I fancy them I make it pretty obvious.
I do the exact opposite hahaha.

Poor lads, now I finally understand their struggle!
Pseudo Intellect
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Your post is amazing. :rofl:
goggleyed
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If she doesn't do this when she sees you

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ArcticSadDiscus-small.gif

then you're good
ecolier
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Oi Lady Jamie is my wife :fight:
Last edited by ecolier; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (57)
19.32%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
40.34%
Nope, not that interesting (119)
40.34%

Watched Threads