The Student Room Group

Hi , have i messed up already, Please help

So their is this girl from the same town as me and she has recently retuned from being on a reality tv show (which I intend to experience myself if / when it comes back). Anyway I decided to buy her a box of chocolates , mayonnaise and gravy as I know she likes all three items as I have been paying attention to her and decided to deliver them all to her today in person while she was at work.

She was hanging around with her work colleagues talking so I approached her and her friends then said to her I have just been to town and bought you this , it’s a box of chocolates , some mayo and some gravy as I know you really like them all.( I forgot to tell her I like them)

I also gave her a note that I wrote for her , but not sure if it was too much and have come on too strong already now , her friends reaction was awww that’s so sweet and she gave me a big smile and said awww herself.

Does this mean I have landed myself into the friends zone with her now or not ?

I got talking to her friends and her about a couple of things such as attempting to go on that reality tv shows she recently has been on and that I love singing , dancing and acting. She told me to go for it and as i mentioned i work in care aswell , she said if you go on the reality show , you can always come back to care work.

Anyway just as I was about to leave , I said thank you and as soon as I was walking out the door , her friends said wait , she wants to have a selfie with you , so I said , ok great I would love to . I had two selfies , one just with me and her and the another one with both her and of the other reality tv show contestants (another girl).

What I really want to know is have I messed things up already and been to eager with the note I wrote for her and if theirs still any chances of a relationship with her , if so how should I go about it without coming across weird or creepy.

She posted something on Instagram the other day saying she wants someone to help her with her house , motivate her and she will cook dinner.

I didn’t reply as I hadn’t met her until today , but am really happy to help her as much as possible and make her life much easier for her.

I made the mistake of not asking her out in person , which I intend to do , but I think I was took back that she wanted a selfies with me that i forgot to ask her out , so thought about talking on social media with her and asking her out.

What do you think I should do ?

I really want to build a relationship with this great , genuine girl as I really like her and seem to care about her quite a lot from what I have seen of her personality.
(edited 5 years ago)
Okay so do I understand correctly..... you didn't know this girl. She is from your hometown..... you saw her on a reality show and you went to meet her today because of seeing her on the reality show. You're being a fan. If you wrote her a note about liking her it might have put her off ...... just geing honest. So..... what should you do? My opinion is find her on social media and message her that way only going forward. If she responds to you - great!
If she is vague, doesn't respond for days, gives short answers etc. then just move on. You don't actually know her, you know just what you saw on television and she was doing something you'd like to do. She knows that you're interested in auditioning like she did. I feel her wanting to take a selfie was because she realized you were a fan of hers from watching the show and as a regular girl that must have been very flattering. But, you don't know her..... you know what you think about her. Message her and go verrrrry slow..... you don't want to appear like a stalker. (sorry but its the truth). Let her take the lead as to whether or not she'd like to meet up with you again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending