The Student Room Group

Tutor didn't mention any extra-curricular activities on my reference.

Hi, my tutor submitted my reference today, and I found out that she hadn't mentioned any of the extra curricular activities that I've done! I have talked of one or two things that I've done in my personal statement, and put any summer schools I've completed in the 'activities in preparation for higher education' section. Will this be detrimental to the possibility of me being accepted into uni? I don't do a lot of extra-curricular activity due to other commitments (such as my job) and a lack of opportunities in the things I'm interested in.
I'm hoping to either be accepted into the University of Bristol or the University of Exeter for BA French and ab initio Italian. I am predicted A*A*A.
Thanks :smile:) (I know I probably seem stupid worrying about this)
Can you give some examples of the extra-curriculars you wanted your tutor to mention?
Original post by phee.beee
Hi, my tutor submitted my reference today, and I found out that she hadn't mentioned any of the extra curricular activities that I've done! I have talked of one or two things that I've done in my personal statement, and put any summer schools I've completed in the 'activities in preparation for higher education' section. Will this be detrimental to the possibility of me being accepted into uni? I don't do a lot of extra-curricular activity due to other commitments (such as my job) and a lack of opportunities in the things I'm interested in.
I'm hoping to either be accepted into the University of Bristol or the University of Exeter for BA French and ab initio Italian. I am predicted A*A*A.
Thanks :smile:) (I know I probably seem stupid worrying about this)

eh....there's always clearing ay.
Normally references talk about your ability in that subject and if not a relevant subject your other skills such as motivation , writing skills and any of that stuff as well your attendance and punctuality and whether you have had any issues that is not mentioned previously such as a mental health condtion. The fact hobbies hasn't been included is not a big issue unis take into account a large number of factors and would not soley base there decision on a reference as references are only human and can easily make mistakes as well so a uni would not punish the student for this. Try not to worry it should all be okay and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest