The Student Room Group

The TSR A-level options discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

bumping in case anyone needs some advice:ninja:

Original post by hxzeldine
I am thinking of choosing English Lit/Lang, DT and Media or RE/Ethics for A Level but I'm not really sure and am not confident with them as I have a constant feeling that I will regret choosing one of them just like I did with about 3 of my GCSEs. Is it too late to change?

you'll likely be able to change your options at results day.
Original post by reqgeargaergs
idk if wat to im thinking economics and maths for sure and the 3rd im not too sure maybe further maths n someone told me to do psychology to open it up as I might get bored of maths things by the end. I'm thinking most likely something to do with finance(banking?)

Hey i was also was thinking about taking psychology along with math and economics. Do you try out psychology and is it good?
Original post by crow875
Hey i was also was thinking about taking psychology along with math and economics. Do you try out psychology and is it good?

hey i do psychology and maths; psychology i really enjoy and so far have not found it too difficult, but there is a lot of content to learn:yes:
maths is definitely a little more difficult for me but if you put the work in throughout the year and aren't afraid to ask your teacher for help it'll make the year a little easier!!
let me know if you have any other questions :h:
@entertainmyfaith, do you know if Government & Politics is a soft subject? I'm so confuzzled. :rofl:
Original post by RazzzBerries
@entertainmyfaith, do you know if Government & Politics is a soft subject? I'm so confuzzled. :rofl:

some people'll see it as that but a lot certainly don't:nah: don't worry too much about whether it's a soft subject as it is a good one to study if you want:yep:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
some people'll see it as that but a lot certainly don't:nah: don't worry too much about whether it's a soft subject as it is a good one to study if you want:yep:

Coolio, thanks! :yep:
I just don't want to be rejected from a uni because I don't meet requirements lmao.
Coolio, thanks! :yep:
I just don't want to be rejected from a uni because I don't meet requirements lmao.

don't worry about that, it's the grades that matter more!! pretty sure most unis don't have specific subject requirements for law anyway.

LSE are ok with it and they are very fussy or fuzzy as you might say

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information

(look under subject combinationz)
Original post by harrysbar
LSE are ok with it and they are very fussy or fuzzy as you might say

http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Admissions-Information

(look under subject combinationz)

:lol:

Thanks! :jumphug:
Hi, I want to do Biochemistry so I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry and English Literature for A Level and hopefully an EPQ too. Does anyone have any comments/ advice on this combination- should I do another science instead of English Lit?
Original post by sherlanddris
Hi, I want to do Biochemistry so I'm hoping to do Biology, Chemistry and English Literature for A Level and hopefully an EPQ too. Does anyone have any comments/ advice on this combination- should I do another science instead of English Lit?

Maths would be more useful but is not essential.

If you think you can get better grades in English, however, probably better to stick with that subject.
Maths would be more useful but is not essential.

If you think you can get better grades in English, however, probably better to stick with that subject.

Hi, my head of sixth form said i should do at least AS maths.. is this a good idea? I could then decide whether to take Maths or Eng to A2 but it would probably be english
Original post by sherlanddris
Hi, my head of sixth form said i should do at least AS maths.. is this a good idea? I could then decide whether to take Maths or Eng to A2 but it would probably be english

It's not a bad idea but it would probably be too much to do an EPQ too. You would have to keep on top of all the extra work and be prepared to give one up even before the end of Year 12 if you are struggling
I had to change my options because of my grades and a few other things as well but in the end, I decided to do A-Level Business Studies, A-Level Economics and BTEC* Applied Law.
It's not a bad idea but it would probably be too much to do an EPQ too. You would have to keep on top of all the extra work and be prepared to give one up even before the end of Year 12 if you are struggling

Yep if I did 4 in year 12 I wouldn't do an EPQ.
Is politics a level interesting?
Do u need 2 science to open up a science career path or is just chem + maths enough
xx:smile:
I have been considering changing one of my options which is Law in September because I struggle with it and there is a lot of work for it. I want to change it to Physics or Maths but I am still not sure which is better. This is okay with my college. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Original post by mjhmichael18
I have been considering changing one of my options which is Law in September because I struggle with it and there is a lot of work for it. I want to change it to Physics or Maths but I am still not sure which is better. This is okay with my college. Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.

You'd want to take maths ideally if you were doing physics, so I'd suggest maths :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest