Is the 'A Level Physics by Roger Muncaster' suitable for 2018/2019 Syllabus? Watch

Poll: Is the 'A Level Physics by Roger Muncaster' suitable for 2018/2019 Syllabus?
Yes (1)
100%
No (0)
0%
Kedagi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I know that this book was first written back then, in fact the 1/2nd edition was published in the 80s, is this book still 'suitable' for today's/modern A level exams? I like studying physics that are more 'in-depth', but I don't want studying unnecessary 'information'(because some people said this book offers too much resources that don't even appear on the test.) So is this book still 'Suitable' by today's standard & syllabus?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Shahsaud
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I used one of the earliest editions of this book. Don't know how much refined it has gotten, it definitely touches onto unnecessary detail on several topics and might even have more information than the course requires. But I still used it as a reference book because it has done a good job explaining in solidity concepts that you need to have ingrained, whereas the way other books touch on those concepts wasn't so satisfactory.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (125)
19.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (59)
9.31%
No I am happy with my course choice (357)
56.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (93)
14.67%

Watched Threads