Being bigger than your boy friend Watch

Bobo2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I’m in a long distance relationship and it’s almost been 1 year, we met each other for the first time everything went well but there’s just one thing.

I am over weight And next to my bf I’m bigger than him he love me the way I am but I don’t want to be like this any more my weight is constantly on my mind and being in this relationship has motivated me to lose weight

BUT this is the thing, they always say you should only lose weight for your self and not no one else. So does me wanting to lose weight For my boy friend and also my self bad...?
username4340906
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bobo2020)
So I’m in a long distance relationship and it’s almost been 1 year, we met each other for the first time everything went well but there’s just one thing.

I am over weight And next to my bf I’m bigger than him he love me the way I am but I don’t want to be like this any more my weight is constantly on my mind and being in this relationship has motivated me to lose weight

BUT this is the thing, they always say you should only lose weight for your self and not no one else. So does me wanting to lose weight For my boy friend and also my self bad...?
Firstly, since you want to lose weight for yourself I’d say no but you need to make sure you are losing the weight for yourself more than others. This is something you’d have to work on. Losing weight for yourself is always good as long as it’s done in a healthy manner.

Second, I’m glad to see your boyfriend is happy with the way you are and doesn’t pressure you to lose weight.

Losing weight for yourself isn’t bad, for your boyfriend not necessarily as it isn’t the motivating factor.

Good luck on your journey of weight loss!
Bobo2020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Well he kinda is the motivation because we’re in a long distance relationship and I’m motivated for the next time I see him not just because of how he will react but how much more confident I will be around him you know
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Forget about crappy cliches like you should only lose weight for your self and not no one else.

Just go ahead and lose the goddamned weight!

Or more to the point, make small changes to the type of foods that you eat as well as small changes to the amount that you eat as well as small changes to the amount of exercise (at a pulse rate of about 130 BPM) and you will lose weight, and keep it off, and generally have more strength and energy reserves to boot.
nonotyoutoo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Bobo2020)

no. you should definitely lose weight for other people. it's how you get ahead in life.
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by nonotyoutoo)
no. you should definitely lose weight for other people. it's how you get ahead in life.
Oh jesus😂

You can't tell people that, that's ridiculous 😂 If you have to lose weight to "get ahead" then the people who are involved in your life don't really care about you do they? If you need to be skinny to "get ahead" then obviously it's saying your mind and personality mean nothing to these people?
Lilli22
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Unless you're perfectly happy with your weight, which you are not, then to lose weight just now would not be for yourself.

Losing weight would be beneficial for both you and the relationship. For starters, you would be more confident in yourself and lose the worry of being overweight. You being happier will, therefore, benefit the relationship.

But if you don't lose weight, don't. It's up to you. I personally love chocolate too much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.45%
It's just nice to be back! (180)
27.31%
Not great so far... (237)
35.96%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.27%

Watched Threads