The Student Room Group

Do I just have a fast metabolism?

I am sedentary, I don't exercise or ever move my ass to burn some calories. I am a big eater and addicted to Coca Cola, and the cherry on top: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism with 9 years.
Yes, I know your thinking I'm unhealthy, lazy and overweight. Well, I'm unhealthy and lazy but somehow, I'm not fat. Every person I ask think I'm skinny, average or skinny-fat. Unfortunately, I have some belly fat on my stomach, (but it's unnoticeable in non-white clothes), I hate it but well... it could be worse?
I can't see any reason for me to not be obese or something like that, maybe I was just blessed with good genes or maybe it's because I'm young? Idk
What do you guys think?

6dd11fb6c23a471ca5240b993a2fc64a_A.jpeg
Original post by Sevyx
I am sedentary, I don't exercise or ever move my ass to burn some calories. I am a big eater and addicted to Coca Cola, and the cherry on top: I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism with 9 years.
Yes, I know your thinking I'm unhealthy, lazy and overweight. Well, I'm unhealthy and lazy but somehow, I'm not fat. Every person I ask think I'm skinny, average or skinny-fat. Unfortunately, I have some belly fat on my stomach, (but it's unnoticeable in non-white clothes), I hate it but well... it could be worse?
I can't see any reason for me to not be obese or something like that, maybe I was just blessed with good genes or maybe it's because I'm young? Idk
What do you guys think?

6dd11fb6c23a471ca5240b993a2fc64a_A.jpeg

If you don’t mind me asking how old are you?

You look fine. I’d say a high factor of you being “average to skinny” is your hyperthyroidism and some genetics depending on your family background obviously.

If you are young then you’ll be fine for now but I would suggest a balanced diet and regular exercise. This can further help combat the aforementioned belly fat.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Nice for now but then age hits. Who the **** has removed my batteries? Why am I putting on weight? Body responds by demanding more fuel so weight goes on. We're designed to live to 40 then we go downhill.
Reply 3
Original post by Pseudo Intellect
If you don’t mind me asking how old are you?

You look fine. I’d say a high factor of you being “average to skinny” is your hyperthyroidism and some genetics depending on your family background obviously.

If you are young then you’ll be fine for now but I would suggest a balanced diet and regular exercise. This can further help combat the aforementioned belly fat.

I'm 14 years old
And I have hypOthyroidism (the weight gain one), not hyperthyroidism (the weight loss one). I take synthroid
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sevyx
I'm 14 years old
And I have hypOthyroidism (the weight gain one), not hyperthyroidism (the weight loss one). I take synthroid

Oh my mistake. I would still suggest slowly changing your diet and introducing exercise. Do it slow and steadily. That way it’s not overwhelming.

If you have hypothyroidism then it’ll probably be a bigger reason to maintain a better diet and exercise.
Reply 5
Original post by Pseudo Intellect
Oh my mistake. I would still suggest slowly changing your diet and introducing exercise. Do it slow and steadily. That way it’s not overwhelming.

If you have hypothyroidism then it’ll probably be a bigger reason to maintain a better diet and exercise.

Yeah, I will start going to the gym next month and drinking more water and less Coca to lose the flab in my stomach, I hope it doesn't take too long
Original post by Sevyx
Yeah, I will start going to the gym next month and drinking more water and less Coca to lose the flab in my stomach, I hope it doesn't take too long

Do some research online if you don’t already know about workouts and stuff like that. I’m sure @Bang Outta Order can suggest some stuff.

Good luck! :dumbells:
I advise you to play sports, move. I have a sedentary job and there is such a problem as yours. Now I am experiencing a new method for losing weight https://healthandwealth430976842.wordpress.com/americans-rave-about-scientifically-tested-and-newly-released-weight-loss-system-delivering-trackable-results-within-days/. At the moment there is a positive result, but I want to achieve more!
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest