matt_969
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
This is the code i would like to be helped translate to pseudocode i have tried but cant do it can someone help me?

https://repl.it/repls/KnowingBasicMode
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by matt_969)
This is the code i would like to be helped translate to pseudocode i have tried but cant do it can someone help me?

https://repl.it/repls/KnowingBasicMode
There's no correct answer for psuedocode, it's not an official standard or anything. If it's for an exam board then there may be odd things they expect to see but you can't really get this wrong.

Psuedocode is really just writing what your code does in English like statements. Pretend that I have no idea what your code is doing and explain it to me. There's your psuedocode. The obvious caveat is that you write psuedocode before real code but it's literally just a matter of describing what it is you need your code to do.

There shouldn't really be anything to struggle with there, so what exactly is it you're finding difficult? What have you tried so far?
matt_969
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I just don't really understand the language of pseudocode so would just need someone to help me translating the code to do this
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I just don't really understand the language of pseudocode so would just need someone to help me translating the code to do this
It's just... structured English?

There's nothing here to really understand, seeing you seem to be able to type English perfectly fine?

Check the specification or ask your teacher for some examples from the exam-board if you need a few hints.
Acsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
As I mentioned before psuedocode isn't standardised. It's not a language. There's nothing to understand. Psuedocode is literally just writing your code in English like statements. Psuedocode simply describes the functionality of your code. If you were writing a program that took 2 numbers and added them together your psuedocode might look like this:

Prompt user to enter first number
Check entered value is a number, store in variable A
Prompt user to enter second number
Check entered value is a number, store in variable B
Add variable A to variable B, store in variable C
Print variable C

There's nothing here to get, you're literally just describing what you want your code to do. I'm not going to write the psuedocode for you, as that doesn't help you. But I really don't understand the problem you are having. If you can describe what your code does, then you can write psuedocode. It's as simple as that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (24)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (6)
16.67%
Yes but I might change my mind (6)
16.67%

Watched Threads