Referee banned for 21 days for making the players do rock, paper and scissors Watch

Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
He had left his coin in the dressing room... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...tch_of_the_day
Sammylou40
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It doesn’t warrant a ban I don’t think but it is a basic requirement for him to have the coin.
If the teams didn’t complain at the time then put it down to experience. It wouldn’t have taken long to get another. But it’s all a fuss about nothing
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
It doesn’t warrant a ban I don’t think but it is a basic requirement for him to have the coin.
If the teams didn’t complain at the time then put it down to experience. It wouldn’t have taken long to get another. But it’s all a fuss about nothing
Yes agreee thought it was a bit OTT banning him
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's no less random. And more entertaining for a TV crowd. Sounds better, tbh.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
"Moment of madness" FK's sake... :rolleyes:
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
So he was screwed the instant he forgot the coin, despite coming up with an equally viable alternative on the fly which actually shows great initiative.

He can't run back to get the coin as that would delay the match, and he can't borrow one from somebody in case it's biased. Very unfair on him as he managed to fulfil everything in the coin's purpose anyway.
999tigger
Report 11 months ago
Complete OTT.

Referees should wear headcams and mics. They get a lot of abuse these days and the FA does little to protect them.
UltimateWinner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
What game was this?
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by UltimateWinner)
What game was this?
Man City / reading
Women’s super league
(😝)
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Complete OTT.

Referees should wear headcams and mics. They get a lot of abuse these days and the FA does little to protect them.
They do wear mikes I think, a headcam might be pushing it a bit considering all the running around, not a terrible idea though.

What would it have done in this instance though? We'd just have video of the ref fumbling for a coin, swearing, looking nervous for a bit then saying 'rock paper scissor?' :P
999tigger
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
They do wear mikes I think, a headcam might be pushing it a bit considering all the running around, not a terrible idea though.

What would it have done in this instance though? We'd just have video of the ref fumbling for a coin, swearing, looking nervous for a bit then saying 'rock paper scissor?' :P
Unrelated.
difeo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Drewski)
It's no less random. And more entertaining for a TV crowd. Sounds better, tbh.
There's skill involved in rock paper scissors
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (104)
56.52%
18-20 years old (no) (22)
11.96%
20-25 years old (yes) (28)
15.22%
20-25 years old (no) (0)
0%
25-30 years old (yes) (14)
7.61%