The Student Room Group

I Bit my nail HELP

So I never have bitten my nail like this far back and I waited about 2 days and it has grown a little bit back but hasn't fully. now I have a short nail and a longer nail underneath my main nail is that bad? my nail doesn't hurt but it's very short. HELP IM SCARED! xD sorry
should be fine

worst is an infection which is easily treatable
You can do permanent damage to your nails biting them so much.
Why do you bite them?
Boredom? Anxiety?
If you try to work out why you do it you can stop.
In the meantime paint them with one of the disgusting tasting liquids that will keep them out of your mouth!
is my nail going to be okay tho... sorry if im annoying
Reply 4
Original post by YoutubeBianca123
So I never have bitten my nail like this far back and I waited about 2 days and it has grown a little bit back but hasn't fully. now I have a short nail and a longer nail underneath my main nail is that bad? my nail doesn't hurt but it's very short. HELP IM SCARED! xD sorry

Nails are made of multiple layers. Sounds like you have nibbled off some of the top layer and not the rest. It should sort itself out after a couple of trims because both layers will keep growing at the same rate so eventually you will trim off that gap between them.
Your nail is dead anyway (that's how all nails are) so any damage to them isn't a big deal as long as it can't end up damaging your finger too. Just wait and it will be fine.
same thing happened with one of my toe nails after I stubbed it on a wall, freaked me out because i thought it split down the middle but it was just a layer of nail that had split away from the rest, nothing dangerous came of it. I recommend just putting a plaster/bandage on it and leaving it for as long as you can to allow it to heal as much as it can and to also distract you from it.
My advice is stop biting your nails completely, you can get something wrong with you. I’m a natural nail biter and I’ve stopped because of an article I read. Look up a few articles about nail biting online. Btw it will be fine, it will grow back x
(edited 5 years ago)
Are you really asking this? Of course it’s going to be fine, you’ve waited 2 days for it to grow back

Quick Reply

Latest