JoJo1994access
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,

I`m stuck on one of the questions in my access course. It asks me to "explain two examples of links between social scientists’ research and government initiatives".

I chose Centre for Social Justice and Rowntree, but struggle to identify the links between them and government initiatives. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by JoJo1994access)
Hi everyone,

I`m stuck on one of the questions in my access course. It asks me to "explain two examples of links between social scientists’ research and government initiatives".

I chose Centre for Social Justice and Rowntree, but struggle to identify the links between them and government initiatives. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Well think about it?

What do they both do? They research and then provide reports on social justice and poverty issues or whatever their specialities are?
In that case what its asking is for you to do some research and look at the information they have published and then follow that through to where it has spurred the government to take action because if what they published.

You will need to keep searching till you find the right example. use google or even the BBC to see what was published and if it can be directly related to a government initiative. If you still cant find then contact both charities and ask.

Write a paragraph and explain who they are and what they do.
List the research paper and what its findings were on a topic.
Then explain the government reaction and how it influenced them to take action.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads