The Student Room Group

HSBC video interview question error, help!

I completed a video interview for HSBC and for one of the questions you have to write an report based on a brief you receive. The document included in the question had a page missing on the screen as there was no brief included. I did this same question last year for HSBC and remember they definitely had the brief page there before.

I know this was an error on their part and definitely not with my computer but it meant I couldn't write the report and answer the question at all. I'm really annoyed as I will fail the test now because of their error, I have contacted graduate recruitment multiple times and there has been no response.

Did anyone have this same issue? What do I do now?
If other people have experienced the same issue, chances are they won't fail you because you didn't complete this question. It might be that they look at the rest of your application, or may send out an invite later on to apologising for the error and ask you to do additional questions to add to the application. How have you tried to contact the graduate recruitment team? Are you emailing or calling them?
Reply 2
I've tried calling multiple times and there is no response, I'm worried I'm the only one who this issue affected so they won't take mine into account

Original post by cheesecakelove
If other people have experienced the same issue, chances are they won't fail you because you didn't complete this question. It might be that they look at the rest of your application, or may send out an invite later on to apologising for the error and ask you to do additional questions to add to the application. How have you tried to contact the graduate recruitment team? Are you emailing or calling them?

Quick Reply

Latest