bel.ieve
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I'm doing aqa spanish GCSE, I'm doing okay in it, but I'm no good at revising. someone helpppp )
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by bel.ieve)
I'm doing aqa spanish GCSE, I'm doing okay in it, but I'm no good at revising. someone helpppp )
Hi bel.ieve

I study Spanish as an elective at university and I also studied it at school and this is how I revised for it!

Firstly it's really handy to have lots of clear notes. I found during school my language workbooks were often really messy and unorganised, so I made a separate 'neat' book where I properly organised and clearly wrote everything up (and made it look pretty with lots of nice colours etc). I'd suggest writing down vocab, regular, irregular and reflexive verb patterns, make a list of common verbs and any useful phrases you come across in class.

To revise for the reading exam make sure you really know your verbs well. I learnt the verb endings off by heart through writing them over and over- it was boring but I know my verbs really well now! Use flashcards to learn what different verbs and vocab mean and practice them frequently (ideally most days) so you don't forget them.

To revise for the listening exam see if you can access the listening files that are linked to your textbook. I know some textbooks come with CD or a link to a website to do this so I'd recommend practising using that. If you can't access audio files then listen to Spanish songs on youtube and watch Spanish TV shows on Netflix! A great way to hear it spoken fluently, pick up new vocab and chill for a bit

For the writing exam, again make sure you know verbs and vocab really well. Maybe prep a few paragraphs in advance on trips, your school, a letter to a friend as those sorts of things generally come up in the writing exam somehow. You should get your teacher to look over these to double check it's correct and once you're good to go just learn them off by heart.

For the speaking exam you'll need to make sure you prepare well in advance as there's a lot to revise and can be the most nerve-wracking! Start off by writing each question and answer and learning them through repeating them out loud and written on paper (this will be useful for the writing exam as well). Test yourself by asking parents or friends to ask you the questions and go to as many extra language sessions as possible. If your school has a language assistant for Spanish then they are a great way to practice speaking!

In general the best way is to revise through written and verbal repetition in frequent doses.

I hope this helps and I'm here if you have any questions!

Lucy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
10.53%
They might tell the bully (3)
15.79%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
15.79%
It might lead to more bullying (6)
31.58%
There's nothing they could do (5)
26.32%

Watched Threads