The Student Room Group

levest pill

I took levest on the first day of my period to try and stop them. I took them for 3 days and then stopped but now its been 7 days ive got my periods non stop.
what can i do?
Don't worry just yet. It can take months to properly adjust to a new pill. Remember to take it properly to see desired effects.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by baesil
I took levest on the first day of my period to try and stop them. I took them for 3 days and then stopped but now its been 7 days ive got my periods non stop.
what can i do?

because levest contains a progestogen, you do get breakthrough bleeding. that being said, 7 days straight does seem excessive, so id stop taking them (for now) and speak to 111 (chances are theyll tel you stop taking levest and either see your gp or go to your nearest a&e). I would advice to stay hydrated and increase your iron intake if your feeling weak / dizzy / light headed.
Reply 3
Original post by quasa
because levest contains a progestogen, you do get breakthrough bleeding. that being said, 7 days straight does seem excessive, so id stop taking them (for now) and speak to 111 (chances are theyll tel you stop taking levest and either see your gp or go to your nearest a&e). I would advice to stay hydrated and increase your iron intake if your feeling weak / dizzy / light headed.

thanks for the reply, I've stopped the pill on sunday but still have my periods as if its the 2nd day
Original post by baesil
thanks for the reply, I've stopped the pill on sunday but still have my periods as if its the 2nd day

id see a doctor then as menorhagia can be due to a high progestogen: oestrogen ratio (so you may need blood tests). chances are theyll tell you to wait or prescribe another pill. your not diabetic / have pcs or thyroid problems by any chance?
Reply 5
Original post by quasa
id see a doctor then as menorhagia can be due to a high progestogen: oestrogen ratio (so you may need blood tests). chances are theyll tell you to wait or prescribe another pill. your not diabetic / have pcs or thyroid problems by any chance?

no i dont have any of those, Ill call 111 now and ask. I appreciate the help! thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest