The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Offical Thread for Cardiff Pharmacy 2019 Entry

Hi Everyone!

I see there isn't a proper thread for Cardiff Uni MPharm 2019 entry. I had my interview today. Waiting for a reply now.
Did you get an interview?
How did it go?
Did you get an offer?
Have you sent your application?
Where else did you apply? Any other responses?
Any other questions.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied for pharmacy at Cardiff , got an invitation to interview today! How did yours go?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I applied on Monday and have interviews with Cardiff & also Portsmouth & Reading (still waiting on bath)
How did your interview go?
Original post by Opar1000
I applied for pharmacy at Cardiff , got an invitation to interview today! How did yours go?

Nice!! What else have you applied for? My interview was good. Got an offer the day after AAB. Honestly be yourself and done worry about anything! X it was quite easy. They like honesty and someone who is comfortable and confident.
Original post by Bethispixie
I applied on Monday and have interviews with Cardiff & also Portsmouth & Reading (still waiting on bath)
How did your interview go?

Well done! I hope they go well!

My interview was good. Got an offer the day after of AAB. Honestly be yourself and dont worry about anything! X it was quite easy. They like honesty and someone who is comfortable and confident.
Original post by AgentProton007
Well done! I hope they go well!

My interview was good. Got an offer the day after of AAB. Honestly be yourself and dont worry about anything! X it was quite easy. They like honesty and someone who is comfortable and confident.

Congrats. Where else did you apply?
Congrats. Where else did you apply?

I applied to Manchester pharmacy. But got rejected because my PS is for medicine. I wish I didn’t waste that choice cuz I knew they were gonna do that I was in a rush to send it off at the time. The said at the open evening they would reject. And I applied to Leeds Bristol and Southampton for medicine. X
Reply 7
Nice!! What else have you applied for? My interview was good. Got an offer the day after AAB. Honestly be yourself and done worry about anything! X it was quite easy. They like honesty and someone who is comfortable and confident.

Cardiff would be my first choiceso really hope I’m just not too nervous at the interview😬 did they ask you about your personal statement and chemistry related questions? If you don’t mind me asking
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Opar1000
I also applied to pharmacy at bath, queens, Manchester and Newcastle and have got an offer from Queens. Cardiff would be my first choice though so really hope I’m just not too nervous at the interview😬 did they ask you about your personal statement and chemistry related questions? If you don’t mind me asking

That’s great well done! Nah it’s cool. Yes they did read through my PS before and there was a lot of referring back to it so do go over it but dont over doit if you get me? Like when you talk about it you want it to be natural. No they didn’t ask science questions to me but I overheard other students saying they were asked science related stuff. I’d say recap as organic chemistry briefly. Learn about benzene rings. The roles or Different pharmacists. Current news on pharmacy.

Be yourself xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi everyone I have an interview for pharmacy at Cardiff next month, does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Bumblebellizzy
Hi everyone I have an interview for pharmacy at Cardiff next month, does anyone have any advice?

Hi ... sorry no advice ... but a quick question!
How long from when you submitted your application did they take to invite you for the interview and then how much time is there between that and the interview?
I'm really worried about having enough time to prepare!
Thanks
Original post by Beta2001
Hi ... sorry no advice ... but a quick question!
How long from when you submitted your application did they take to invite you for the interview and then how much time is there between that and the interview?
I'm really worried about having enough time to prepare!
Thanks

Hello not the OP but I submitted my app on the 12th and on the 13th got an interview for the 28th ( couldn’t make it so rescheduled for the 5th)
Hello not the OP but I submitted my app on the 12th and on the 13th got an interview for the 28th ( couldn’t make it so rescheduled for the 5th)

Haha Bethispixie ... I asked you the same on the other thread! Two weeks seems OK ... and like you did I could always reschedule for a bit later! Good luck for the 5th!!
Let us know how it goes!
Hi Everyone!
I see there isn't a proper thread for Cardiff Uni MPharm 2019 entry. I had my interview today. Waiting for a reply now.
Did you get an interview?
How did it go?
Did you get an offer?
Have you sent your application?
Where else did you apply? Any other responses?
Any other questions.

Thanks!

Hi! I have my interview on the 5th of december giving me only a week to prepare! What should I prepare for, what sorts of questions do they ask? I’ve heard there’s a maths test?
Hi there is no maths test for cardiff!! It was more a conversation rather than an interview and it was mainly based on your personal statement! It was a one to one talk for around 20-30 minutes!
I’m so nervous. I have no idea how or what to prepare
Original post by harryazzy
I’m so nervous. I have no idea how or what to prepare

Oh me too!! I googled "how to prepare for an interview at a pharmacy school" ... got loads of great tips!!
Good Luck!!
hey, i have my interview in 9 days!!! what kind of things did they ask you?
Reply 18
Mine's next wednesday on the 12th. What does the interview mainly consist of? Is there anything i need to actually learn before I attend the interview? At cardiff Uni I mean.
Got my interview with Cardiff today! Anyone else going? Any last min tips? Also how hard is the maths test?

Quick Reply

Latest