The Student Room Group

GCSE

At this very moment my grades are not looking great and I have mocks in about 2 weeks can someone help me improve my grades and what type of revision I should use
Reply 1
Try going through the spec and check that you understand each point, maybe make your own notes to help you remember the content better.
If you’re struggling with exam technique, do some past papers to familiarise yourself with the style of questions and the mark scheme (e.g. key words that they want you to use in your answer)
Is there a specific subject that you’re particularly struggling with?
Original post by wes101
At this very moment my grades are not looking great and I have mocks in about 2 weeks can someone help me improve my grades and what type of revision I should use

Sorry about this,
best advice is just revise for the summer exams not your mocks as they don't matter and you will stress yourself out. Revise what you need to revise badly, not what will come up on the mocks (I did this and got decent GCSEs, at least in comparison to my mocks).
Past papers, practise exam questions, get to know the mark scheme!!
General Study Techniques

The Pomodoro Technique whilst i'm learning the content for the first time. This is how it works: Study for 25 minutes at a time and reward yourself with a 5 minute break. After doing this twice more, reward yourself with a 15 minute break at the end of your third study period of 25 minutes. Then restart and continue. This technique breaks down your workload into small, manageable chunks to stay fresh and focused throughout the day.

Spaced repetition to ensure I don't forget the content that i've learnt. It means you review information at gradually increasing intervals, so it becomes retained in your long-term memory.

The Feynman technique to check if I'm thorough with what i've learnt. It states that if you've really understood something completely, you should easily be able to explain it in simple terms to someone that knows absolutely nothing about the topic.

Quick Reply

Latest