Who else got put on hold by Bristol? (Regarding Application)

Watch
Alayna1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I’ve applied for foundation medicine and i was surprised to see my application was put on hold because I wasn’t aware it was a thing.

After I got the email and researched on the website, I’m aware it’s because of high volume of applications, and they are putting not only mine but I think majority if not, all applications in hold in order to assess all applications fairly and then make a decision when they have considered everyone. Then do I think they make offers and rejections, instead of making too many offers and leaving no spaces or not enough and having spaces open.

Has anyone else been put on hold though? I am wondering if this is for everyone or the select few, because I’ve seen applicants who surpass the entry requirements by miles being put on hold as well.

Idk, anyone else
iLoveRodents
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lot's of people have been put on hold, including me!
It's a real range of people too - look through the Bristol Medicine Entry thread.
I wasn't aware of it either, so for a moment I froze when I saw the email. :lol:
varshana.vignato
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I've also applied for medicine with a foundation year at Bristol and have been put on hold. I was looking at another thread in which a lot of people were saying that their application has also been put on hold by Bristol. One of them also said that they received an interview invitation 2 days later so I'm pretty sure this is nothing to worry about. Good luck!
lilyevansx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
applied for psychology- been put on hold too, well probably get replies in january 😬
Supernovas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Applied for Law and got put on hold
nairp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I applied for engineering design and I was put on hold but then I was offered a place 2 days later! Don't worry I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Info here : http://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/under...tion/decision/

1) Bristol is competitive - so they dont make immediate offers to everyone.
2) This isnt No - its just 'Not yet'.
3) After the Jan deadline they will reassess numbers and make more Offers - have patience.
username4278554
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My application was put on hold for Politics and IR
phoweebee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Put on hold for gateway to veterinary science
iLoveRodents
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iLoveRodents)
Lot's of people have been put on hold, including me!
It's a real range of people too - look through the Bristol Medicine Entry thread.
I wasn't aware of it either, so for a moment I froze when I saw the email. :lol:
Update: I got a pre-interveiw rejection on the 5th of January
(UKCAT 2700)
Alayna1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Update: I got a pre-interveiw rejection on the 5th of January
(UKCAT 2700)
Did u apply for standard medicine course or the gateway one?
iLoveRodents
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alayna1234)
Did u apply for standard medicine course or the gateway one?
Standard A100
Have you had a response yet?
Alayna1234
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Standard A100
Have you had a response yet?
I accidentally reported your post. Sozzzzz

But I applied to A108 and I still haven’t got a response but I did have to give in a extenuating circumstance form. No news is good news right?
iLoveRodents
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Alayna1234)
I accidentally reported your post. Sozzzzz

But I applied to A108 and I still haven’t got a response but I did have to give in a extenuating circumstance form. No news is good news right?
Right! It probably takes ages to get through all the forms, and to chase up where necessary, so don't worry!
Supernovas
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After getting an offer from Durham, I'm really hopeful for Bristol as I guess that means my LNAT wasn't as bad as I made it out to be.
username4405462
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aerospace Engineering here, have been on hold for months
Daero14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here, applied on the 10th of October
big_mood
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied for aerospace engineering and was told my application had been put on hold about 2 weeks ago
username3731912
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Supernovas)
After getting an offer from Durham, I'm really hopeful for Bristol as I guess that means my LNAT wasn't as bad as I made it out to be.
Strange that Bris would put you on hold then
phoweebee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got put on hold for gateway to veterinary science but after 4 months they offered me an interview it’s honestly nothing to worry about we are all technically on hold at all the uni’s that we applied for i think they just want to reassure you that you are being considerd
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (639)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.8%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads