Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I’m the student, Do I also have to provide my income together with my partners income to complete my application?
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Angel1608)
    I’m the student, Do I also have to provide my income together with my partners income to complete my application?
    No. The student applying is not asked for earned income. Only unearned income (eg from renting out property or trust funds) is asked for
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

Your income should not be declared with your sponsor(s) income.

The application form requests students to declare any taxable unearned income (this is income that you receive without working) along with income received from an employer for the tax year in which you are applying. For example, if you are applying for 2018/19 AY, you should declare the income you expect to receive during the 2018/19 tax year (estimated).

All earned and unearned income should be declared, irrespective of the amount.

Income that will be taken into account:
    • Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
    • Property Lettings or Rent
    • Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
    • Trusts or Sponsorships
    • Pensions
    • Any other payment received for attending the course (This does not include University Bursaries)

If you start to receive unearned income throughout the academic year you will need to notify us of this change. You should send a covering letter to us advising of the type of income and the amount.

Income that will NOT be taken into account:
    • Any earnings from full or part-time work this can be vacation work or work during term time
    • Maintenance Loan or Grant payments
    • Child and Working Tax Credits
    • State benefits
    • ISA’s, TESSA’s
    • Payments received from parents under covenant
    • Maintenance payments received for children. These maintenance payments should be included as part of the children’s income in section 8d
    • Teacher Training Bursaries
    • Care Leavers Bursary
    • Other Higher Education Bursaries (HEBSS/WBS)
    • Bounties paid by the armed services to reservists or disablement or invalidity pensions
    • Profit from selling property
    • Ebay

If you have income that will be taken into account (as above), it will be added to the total declared household income.

Thanks,
    Nihad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for making this clear for me!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Angel1608)
    Thank you for making this clear for me!
    Hi,

You're most welcome! Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,
    Shahrzad

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.