DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi I’m aiming for an 8/9 grade in GCSE Business, Edexcel. Currently in year 11.

At the moment, I understand everything and it all looks like common sense, but I really struggle with case studies and long explanation questions in the exams. I don’t manage to score much on the 6/9/12 markers. Please give me some advice.
username4244892
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Maybe use this:
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-720DW
It contais all the info for the topics (not finished with theme 2 yet)
Once you learn about each of th epros and cons and choices etc. you will be able to see whta each of the options are an example of and apply the pros and cons for them. Higher mark questions and case studies are about application and so the best advice i can give you is to learn how to best apply the information from the spec into a situation. Practicing is the best way though.
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
(Original post by pereira2002)
Maybe use this:
It contais all the info for the topics (not finished with theme 2 yet)
Once you learn about each of th epros and cons and choices etc. you will be able to see whta each of the options are an example of and apply the pros and cons for them. Higher mark questions and case studies are about application and so the best advice i can give you is to learn how to best apply the information from the spec into a situation. Practicing is the best way though.
Thanks for responding. This really helps.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you're the first year to sit the grade 9-1 business studies exam so no one'll have achieved a grade 8/9 technically.
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm also doing Business this year in 2019. The guinea pigs this year. Woohoo...
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you're the first year to sit the grade 9-1 business studies exam so no one'll have achieved a grade 8/9 technically.
Yh I realised that a couple of days after posting lol thanks for replying tho
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anthos)
I'm also doing Business this year in 2019. The guinea pigs this year. Woohoo...
How are you finding it? I think the spec isn’t too demanding but the exams are quite difficult
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DaQuestioner)
How are you finding it? I think the spec isn’t too demanding but the exams are quite difficult
I agree with you on the high mark questions. I don't think I've ever scored highly on them. My class goes through on how to structure exam answers, so hopefully that will help score those marks. I don't think the spec is too demanding either; I think most business concepts are straightforward.
username4244892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys my teacher has a document he made on how to structre the exam questions based off what the edexcel rep told him. It's actually a lot simpler than you'd think ill send it in a second lemme find it
username4244892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Heyooo here it is. So yeah it has the structure for case study answers and the longer answers. This is directly from the edexcel representative for GCSE Business and so is 100% accurate even though its so much simpler than you'd think (I mean 6 markers don't need conclusions!!)

Also got this site that im working on for Business revision. I think business fits quite well into the format. Would appreciate any feedback on the cards I've made (Also there'll be loads of spelling mistakes as I was rushing to get it done by mocks, but I'll fix it soon). Also if you want stuff like this site for exdexcel sciences and RE and music just ask

So yeha good luck to all with any mocks you have around this time especially and enjoy your holidays.
Attached files
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Heyooo here it is. So yeah it has the structure for case study answers and the longer answers. This is directly from the edexcel representative for GCSE Business and so is 100% accurate even though its so much simpler than you'd think (I mean 6 markers don't need conclusions!!)

Also got this site that im working on for Business revision. I think business fits quite well into the format. Would appreciate any feedback on the cards I've made (Also there'll be loads of spelling mistakes as I was rushing to get it done by mocks, but I'll fix it soon). Also if you want stuff like this site for exdexcel sciences and RE and music just ask

So yeha good luck to all with any mocks you have around this time especially and enjoy your holidays.
Thank you so much for sharing all this! You're an absolute legend, honestly.

Do you have any for Biology that you could please share? I've made some for the first topic on Quizlet but that's pretty much it.
username3973192
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I’m aiming for an 8/9 grade in GCSE Business, Edexcel. Currently in year 11.

At the moment, I understand everything and it all looks like common sense, but I really struggle with case studies and long explanation questions in the exams. I don’t manage to score much on the 6/9/12 markers. Please give me some advice.
I have the exact same problem as you! The long answer questions baffle me
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Wow thanks so much! This document is super helpful!
username3973192
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
We should make a GCSE Edexcel business thread, because we're the first cohort there's not enough resources out there tbh. It'll be good if everyone shares tips and ideas!
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
(Original post by thestudent33)
We should make a GCSE Edexcel business thread, because we're the first cohort there's not enough resources out there tbh. It'll be good if everyone shares tips and ideas!
Good idea! I'll make one now
username4244892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you so much for sharing all this! You're an absolute legend, honestly.

Do you have any for Biology that you could please share? I've made some for the first topic on Quizlet but that's pretty much it.
https://www.brainscape.com/p/25EM3-LH-6X8VQ

That's for edexcel triple higher biology. If you do AQA im not sure how much will be relevant
username4244892
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good idea! I'll make one now
Ok so I'm new to this site. How do I join a thread??
DaQuestioner
Rep:
?
Ok so I'm new to this site. How do I join a thread??
You don't join it; you just look at it and write a comment/post whenever you want in it.

I made one called 'GCSE Business Edexcel 2019 Thread', and I tagged your username already. It should show up in your notifications (on the bell icon at the top of the screen). If you still can't find it, then search for its name in the search bar and that should lead you straight to it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.64%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.9%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.06%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.4%

Watched Threads