Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I started a foundation degree a few years ago and passed year one but in the second year I dropped out. This year I have returned to retake the second year of the same degree. I have just received an email from student finance saying I will not get tuition fee loan or a maintenance loan as the qualification I will get from the course is the same level as the qualification I already hold which as far as I am aware is not true as I did not complete the second year last time. What can I do?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

It is likely that there's been indication on the initial application to suggest that you received a qualification. Nevertheless, this can be resolved by sending us a letter explaining this was an error and where possible providing supporting evidence as required.

I advise that you PM us on Facebook or DM us on Twitter so we can help you resolve this. Please include your query, name and Customer Reference Number (CRN).

Thanks,
    Nihad

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you for your reply I spoke to someone this morning and it seems I have somehow mistakingly said I already completely my second year although I didn’t and only completed year one. I was advised to do as you have suggested ☺️ thank you so much for your reply!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aimmm)
    Hi, thank you for your reply I spoke to someone this morning and it seems I have somehow mistakingly said I already completely my second year although I didn’t and only completed year one. I was advised to do as you have suggested ☺️ thank you so much for your reply!
    Hi,

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need something else

Many thanks,
    Nihad

ReputationRep:
    I won’t ☺️ you have all been so helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFE Nihad)
    Hi,

Many thanks,
    Nihad
    (Original post by SFE Nihad)
    Hi,

Many thanks,
    Nihad
    Hi I sent the letters on Friday explaining that I have mistakenly indicated that I received a qualification when I did not and sent proof from my university as well. I was just wondering if there was a set time frame in which my application would be reviewed or if I would have to ring up and request that it be reviewed or would they automatically do that? Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aimmm)
    Hi I sent the letters on Friday explaining that I have mistakenly indicated that I received a qualification when I did not and sent proof from my university as well. I was just wondering if there was a set time frame in which my application would be reviewed or if I would have to ring up and request that it be reviewed or would they automatically do that? Thanks
    Hi there,

At the moment this type of evidence is taking around 27 working days to process once we have received this evidence. Keep an eye on your online account for updates on this.

Thanks, Erin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erin SFE)
    Hi there,

At the moment this type of evidence is taking around 27 working days to process once we have received this evidence. Keep an eye on your online account for updates on this.

Thanks, Erin
    Ah thank you for letting me know, I will keep checking ☺️
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Aimmm)
    Ah thank you for letting me know, I will keep checking ☺️
    Hi,

You're welcome! Please let us know if there is anything further we can help with.

Kind regards,
    Shahrzad

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.