The Student Room Group

Which bands/singers do you think are underrated

As we have a thread on overrated bands and singers, which ones do you think don't get enough credit?

Scroll to see replies

One singer that doesn't get enough credit is Brian May. Freddy Mercury will always be known as the incredible vocalist of Queen. But I ask you all to listen to Too Much Love Will Kill You sung by Brian May .It is absolutely incredible. The pain and passion in his voice tears my heart to pieces.
Here's a few that spring to mind:

XTC (intelligent, zany pop band who evolved into a genuine successor to the Beatles)
Cardiacs/Tim Smith (genius and wonky music that took me a while to love- this guy sums them up well)
Swervedriver (some of the best electric guitar music I've ever heard)
The Gathering (Dutch pop rock band with an incredible vocalist)
Oceansize/Mike Vennart (his new solo album freakin' kills)
Little Mix, CNCO, EXO
Nothing But Thieves are an amazing rock band with two really solid albums under their belt. I just discovered The Neighbourhood Watch and I'm two songs through their first album and they are also really great.
Lorde, James Bay, Day6
Dream Theater, Dragonforce, and a lot of other power metal bands
Original post by Amusing Elk
Here's a few that spring to mind:

XTC (intelligent, zany pop band who evolved into a genuine successor to the Beatles)
Cardiacs/Tim Smith (genius and wonky music that took me a while to love- this guy sums them up well)
Swervedriver (some of the best electric guitar music I've ever heard)
(Dutch pop rock band with an incredible vocalist)
Oceansize/Mike Vennart (his new solo album freakin' kills)

totally agree about XTC, they have some seriously experimental music (Dear God is amazingly written)
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Church
MGMT

and..yes, Kate Bush. She should be a living legend that people continue to listen to even today. (im aware she was quite popular in the 80s but feel like she deserves more than that)
Kamelot
Seventh Wonder
Leaves Eyes
Amaranthe
Original post by Rock Fan
As we have a thread on overrated bands and singers, which ones do you think don't get enough credit?

The Cinematic Orchestra.
The Fratellis, the Lumineers and Bombay Bicycle Club imooo but then again they get decent enough credit within their specific niches so am not that mad tbh.
Reply 12
Sampha, Daniel Caesar, Jorja Smith need to be recognised.
I don't know about underrated - I think the people who have heard him rate him highly enough - but I definitely think Bob Catley is underappreciated, for someone who possesses one of the greatest voices in rock.
x ambassadors
jon bellion- but he has a really dedicated fanbase and i don't want him to blow up so:redface:
Original post by MaksTracy
Nothing But Thieves are an amazing rock band with two really solid albums under their belt. I just discovered The Neighbourhood Watch and I'm two songs through their first album and they are also really great.

I love NBT!
Original post by kate-Bush
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Church
MGMT

and..yes, Kate Bush. She should be a living legend that people continue to listen to even today. (im aware she was quite popular in the 80s but feel like she deserves more than that)

hmm, they would be on my underrated list.

Edit: I misread the title, I agree.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by kate-Bush
Echo and the Bunnymen
The Church
MGMT

So right about Echo and The Bunnymen, they were visionaries.
X Ambassadors, Chase Atlantic, The Neighbourhood
Reply 19
Bee Gees.

Quick Reply

Latest