Is there any Americans who are studying Glasgow university? Watch

April Grimes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I’m American who is living in Glasgow and studying the course I’m doing is theatre performance. I would like a chat and see how you are enjoying Scottish life! And America which I miss the most.
Rachels007
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi April! I live in Florida and will be applying to the University of Glasgow for the 2019-2020 school year! It's so nice to hear there will be other Americans at uni. I did a study abroad in England for six months and there were only a handful of Americans to talk to.

Have you ever studied in the UK before the University of Glasgow? And where in the US are you from?
April pinkman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by April Grimes)
I’m American who is living in Glasgow and studying the course I’m doing is theatre performance. I would like a chat and see how you are enjoying Scottish life! And America which I miss the most.
Hi Rachel I had to create another account because I’m having problems with my account. Sorry the late reply. I’m from San Francisco I’m studying Theatre performance at Glasgow university. It’s so nice to hear another American. This is my first time studying in the uk. Wow it must be so cool to study in England. Are you studying at school in Glasgow? 😊
(Original post by Rachels007)
Hi April! I live in Florida and will be applying to the University of Glasgow for the 2019-2020 school year! It's so nice to hear there will be other Americans at uni. I did a study abroad in England for six months and there were only a handful of Americans to talk to.

Have you ever studied in the UK before the University of Glasgow? And where in the US are you from?
violetmaxwell
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi!! I'm Violet and I'm from New Jersey!! I'm thinking about starting my undergrad at Glasgow for the 2019/2020 school year
AlexPhilippou321
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hey I'm Alex, a half American half Cypriot! Just got accepted for mechanical engineering with aeronautics beginning this September! See you guys there
Rachels007
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by April pinkman)
Hi Rachel I had to create another account because I’m having problems with my account. Sorry the late reply. I’m from San Francisco I’m studying Theatre performance at Glasgow university. It’s so nice to hear another American. This is my first time studying in the uk. Wow it must be so cool to study in England. Are you studying at school in Glasgow? 😊
I received an offer on 13/12/18 for International Journalism so I'll definitely be there next semester! Now it's time for the housing hunt/visa process lol
apeters717
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

I'm from Florida too and was accepted for a MSc program for 2019-2020. I thought I'd be the only Floridian appliying since I'm the only weirdo who doesn't seem to enjoy tropical weather haha. What program did you apply to? I applied to Quantitative methods in biodiverstiy, conservation, and epidemiology.
annamd
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'm living in Texas right now, got accepted into undergrad law at Glasgow for fall 2019
Hsmith22672
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

I'm in the same boat as you! I'm from Florida and was accepted into the 2019/2020 school year! Which program are you applying to?
Gracenh7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
HI! I'm from the US as well, North Carolina actually. I just accepted an offer to pursue a MSc in Creative Industries and Cultural Policy for 2019/20!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Glasgow
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads