Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for the above course? Any offers made? Any interview experiences?

Cheers!
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by enginEar)
    Anyone applied for the above course? Any offers made? Any interview experiences?

Cheers!
    Cambridge thread is here

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm sorry if it was unnecessary to start a new thread but I was hoping to get some more specific info, last year it worked out quite well for these guys https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5105166

ReputationRep:
    Im applying

ReputationRep:
    That's great! Have you submitted already?

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, just polishing the application probably will do by next week or so. Just scared that if they do send an invitation to an interview it will be during my exam period wbu

ReputationRep:
    Yes that was my fear but I had to send it off before the funding deadline. My application went straight into "under review by department" but it's been like that since 14th Nov. Judging by the thread from last year, the department takes its time. May I just ask which uni are you at atm? My biggest fear is the fact that my uni (University of Dundee) arguably doesn't really have such great reputation (well, not as great as Cambridge anyway). I wonder how much of a factor that is.

ReputationRep:
    I study Mechanical Engineering at University of Manchester, luckily I have some funding sorted from previous internships so I could just cover the tuition and rent. From what i know the uni you attend doesnt have an impact at all. More your grades and everythinge else. But yea from last year's thread I realised u wont get a reply before like mid Jan (which i think might be an interview). So might just work on it a bit more, no rush. good luck

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm mech eng as well. Oh good effort, wish I had that.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any relevent work experience? And what kind of grades do you have (if you mind ofc)?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've had two internships that were both renewables-related and another research project I am doing atm (my honours project) for a company in London also energy-related. My grades are a low 1st for now. I'm hoping to pick this up in fourth year, it's looking good so far. You? What was your internship about?

ReputationRep:
    Your application seems quite good to be honest! My previous internships are nothing renewables related to be fair. But ive published a paper previously and my honours project is also energy related. My grades are roughly the same around 76%. So hopefully we'll see. hopefully it works out for both.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you've published a paper, that's really cool, what was it on? I'm at about the same percentage. Yeah hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    Well it wasn't on renewables more about engineering in general and manufacturing. Where else have you applied/what other courses

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied anywhere else to be honest. One reason is that I would really like to take this particular course but another reason is that I have no time for more applying lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowersnow97)
    Well it wasn't on renewables more about engineering in general and manufacturing. Where else have you applied/what other courses
    I got rejected today :O Didn't expect this to happen so quickly without an interview as well.Wish you best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    I havent applied yet, kinda scared me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowersnow97)
    I havent applied yet, kinda scared me now
    Haha don't worry I'm sure you'll get in!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it'' be worth it, u have a better profile than i do

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I applied for this course on the 13 th of November. I had an interview on the 10th of December and I'm waiting for the outcome.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.