The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Graduation?

Hi
im only in my first year but am (prematurely) thinking about doing the Camp America scheme. However the only time id be able to do it is the summer after my 3rd year and as you have to be able to fly out before the 28th june this would mean i'd miss graduation.
Although this doesn't really bother me as the idea of going up in the stage in front of hundreds of people doesn't entirely fill me with excitement :eek: :eek: :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :frown: :frown: I was wondering if it is common for people to miss the graduation ceremony or if it is likely that all the people on my course will definitely be there.
I really want to go to Camp America and i know i will regret it if i miss it for something which is going to induce months of panic attacks anyway....

any advice or experience would be helpful my parents (as expected) think its a stupid idea!
Thanks
xxx
how come you can only go after last year? i'm first year also but one of my bets friends in final year is really looking forward to hers so i think its good to go. it's also where you get the posh gown picture you show off and your family love you for a day as a reward for spending a few years of your life getting pissed and having a good time :p:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
haha lol yeah i got that from my parents
its just i cant go this year or in second year and after that i (hopefully) will get a job... and the time frame doesn't really fit with that because i hope to work in schools and they only have holidays from the end of june to the beginning of september.
Im sure ill figure it out thanks anyway!
Reply 3
you can graduate in july or september I think
Reply 4
Summer Graduations are all in roughly the second week of July. Winter graduations (usually postgrads) are in January.