Anyone applying to Cambridge ISMM course for 2019 entry

Watch
GonzagaAlum
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm game! Post the name of the group here in the chat and I'll search it later today.

(Original post by mike2997)
Would offer holders like to get a FB group going for the ISMM 2019 intake?
Last edited by GonzagaAlum; 1 year ago
GonzagaAlum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Excellent, I'll add myself this evening!
The fb group's called 'Cambridge ISMM 2019 Offer Holders'
THEBUTTERFLYLION
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finally found a college that wants me!!! :groovy:
Anyone else in Girton ?
jacklevy777
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Mike, Please can you put a link for this? I cannot find it on Facebook.
Thank you
Jack
The fb group's called 'Cambridge ISMM 2019 Offer Holders'
mnl_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
is anyone's application status still on "under review by department"?
RémiZHANG
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'll have my interview on 24th May and I submitted my application on 18th April.
iGundox
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Pal,

My application is still under review by department, may I ask when you have submitted your application and undertook the interview?
(Original post by mnl_)
mnl_
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by iGundox)
Hi Pal,

My application is still under review by department, may I ask when you have submitted your application and undertook the interview?
Had my interview at the end of March.
What about you?
iGundox
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same here, I had mine at the end of march too, could you kindly share your profile if you don't mind?

and good luck in your application
(Original post by mnl_)
Had my interview at the end of March.
What about you?
iGundox
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has your application status changed?
(Original post by mnl_)
wattlexp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone got any updates from their applications?
THEBUTTERFLYLION
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've been accepted and will drop off my transcript next week
What stage are you up to so far Wattlexp?
(Original post by wattlexp)
Has anyone got any updates from their applications?
wattlexp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, same pretty much.
(Original post by THEBUTTERFLYLION)
I've been accepted and will drop off my transcript next week
What stage are you up to so far Wattlexp?
masterinuk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! Congrats for your offer I'm applying for 2020, just want to ask few questions:1. is it true that we do not need personal statement in the application?only questionnaire form and CV?2. I do not see where to upload transcript, should we only list in the app form?3. Do we need to put a full research proposal?4. I have met the overall IELTS requirement, yet still below the specific writing score, should I improve my writing first, or apply with my current certificate?Thank you, appreciate your feedback
GonzagaAlum
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by masterinuk)
Hi! Congrats for your offer I'm applying for 2020, just want to ask few questions:1. is it true that we do not need personal statement in the application?only questionnaire form and CV?2. I do not see where to upload transcript, should we only list in the app form?3. Do we need to put a full research proposal?4. I have met the overall IELTS requirement, yet still below the specific writing score, should I improve my writing first, or apply with my current certificate?Thank you, appreciate your feedback
Happy to help!

1. This is correct, UNLESS you are applying for funding. In this case, you'll need a statement. However, students in the program generally don't receive aid, even if they've applied for it. Most funding goes to PhD students, and ISMM applicants haven't had a Gates Scholarship since 2005.
2. There should be a place to upload your transcript under the "academic history" section of the application.
3. No, a research proposal is not required. The only true academic research ISMM students do is the final dissertation. The course is predominantly taught.
4. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to this question. I have seen a few people in other programs who are slightly under IELTS scores and are taking remedial classes at Cambridge, but they may have tested after being admitted. I don't know for sure.

Hope that is at least somewhat helpful to you!
andremelsom
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I know this thread is for the 2019 entry, but I have some questions regarding the application and my chances of getting admitted to ISMM.

I am currently in my last year of my BSc (BEng) in Civil and constructional engineering at a Norwegian uni. I currently have a GPA of 4.5 (on a scale where an A is worth 5 points and is >90% and B is worth 4 points 80-89%). I know grades alone does not get you admitted to a postgrad at one of the worlds most recognised universities. I have little to none relevant work experience other than an internship this summer at a construction site, and a part-time job at my current uni as a teaching assistant in multiple of the subjects i have aced. Considering this, would you say I have a reasonable chance of getting an interview and hopefully an offer, or not?

Thanks in advance
masterinuk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by GonzagaAlum)
Happy to help!

1. This is correct, UNLESS you are applying for funding. In this case, you'll need a statement. However, students in the program generally don't receive aid, even if they've applied for it. Most funding goes to PhD students, and ISMM applicants haven't had a Gates Scholarship since 2005.
2. There should be a place to upload your transcript under the "academic history" section of the application.
3. No, a research proposal is not required. The only true academic research ISMM students do is the final dissertation. The course is predominantly taught.
4. I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to this question. I have seen a few people in other programs who are slightly under IELTS scores and are taking remedial classes at Cambridge, but they may have tested after being admitted. I don't know for sure.

Hope that is at least somewhat helpful to you!
Hi, Thank you for replying, I'm planning to submit it this week, finger crossed
qwerty2912
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi, I was hoping some people from the current class may be able to answer a couple of questions on the course that I have not been able to find answers to online. How big is the class size for ISMM? What are the term dates for the course? I can see undergraduate term dates but does this apply for the MPhil as well?
lvhfaucla
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by qwerty2912)
Hi, I was hoping some people from the current class may be able to answer a couple of questions on the course that I have not been able to find answers to online. How big is the class size for ISMM? What are the term dates for the course? I can see undergraduate term dates but does this apply for the MPhil as well?
Hi,
This year we are a class of 41. Started beginning of October, same as everyone, end of year is supposed to be beginning of August. We have two weeks vacation around Christmas and three weeks for Easter.

Hope that helps.
Jdm3000
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hello,Clould you please tell me on which date you received your offer and how long it took from the Interview to the offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
22.73%
No (170)
77.27%

Watched Threads